how come scopless is dead lately

i've been gone for a month and it seems like scopless isn't a fan favorite anymore

i played 2 hrs at least and the best we got was 2 vs 2 and this is at 3-5pm :(

COME OUT EVERYONE I WANNA FAMA SOMEONE!

i've been gone for a month and it seems like scopless isn't a fan favorite anymore

i played 2 hrs at least and the best we got was 2 vs 2 and this is at 3-5pm :(

COME OUT EVERYONE I WANNA FAMA SOMEONE!

Umm we were playing on Ebullition (NE Scopeless). Mayhem was at around 9 players when I first dropped in.

it used to be hard to get into this or the midwest scope anytime of day except late late at nightl lately I can get right in? before I would give up hitting connect or when caught in the endless switching to next server loop because they are all full and just play other servers.

also name changed from gamercoalition to just GC that might have something to do with it? not sure don't have any answers

the ne scopeless vip server i have sat there for hours only to play one person for a few and then they leave?? that vip stuff needs more than 5 or 6 players to be fun!

Um, isn't it spring break for a lot of college kids? Might help explain it. As for me, i picked up a new game (Galactic Civilizations II) and been suckered into that for the past week.

:unsure: blah when we played today in midday both midwest servers were down and when they got back up i think ppl didn't get a chance to get in.

lately MW SCOPELESS is still the traffic king!

OH i wasn't in the real scopless LOL DUMMY ME HAHAHAHAHA :bang: but still it used to be hard go get in scopless now there's less traffic

Keep in mind that Mayhem no longer receives any redirections. When we split the servers by genre, Mayhem went on it's own with the NE server.

Mayhem's traffic decline has been noted. As you can see here in this yearly graph, February to the present has shown a steady decline.

HL2S216.86.154.200:27015_year.png

The big drop off prior to that is when we reduced the playercount from 24 to 22. To compound this issue over the month of January, Recrud's issues meant it had no redirection to offer.

Should the mapcycle be tweaked? Possibly. That is up to the LA's to discern and address.

I haven't seen or heard a lot of performance complaints as of late. If there's something new, that is news to me. If it is indeed an issue, this will hopefully be solved when we test out our own dedicated server very soon.

We may need to consider reverting back to include Mayhem in the redirection with Recrud and Immut.

All that said, during primetime, Mayhem still looks full whenever I take a look!

I think Mayhem is just in a slump. Getting it back into the redirection might boost it some, but it still gets good traffic at peak hours. Sometimes it will even drop a lot, then get a second wind and be full again late at night.

Maybe mapcycle changes would change things, but probably not much. A more generic mapcycle might bring in more pubbers, but IMO a healthy number of unusual and/or custom maps is a part of what defines the server.

Something that might be worth trying is just for an admin to set up a map that pubbers love (like dust/dust2/aztec/assault) when the server is in a lull. Hopefully that could bring it up close to a full house and then it can just continue on its way.

(edited)
Should the mapcycle be tweaked? Possibly. That is up to the LA's to discern and address.

There has been many comments about Aztec and Militia. There isn't a night that goes by without the players requesting we skip Militia. Matter of fact, there are plenty of people who leave as soon as the request is not (or can not) be granted. Also, I very seldom notice players join when that map is on.

Aztec is a personal issue with me. I don't know how many players dislike that map, but I think there are enough to warrant considering its removal.

Personally, I would like to see a vote for a map cycle. If that isn't possible, then at least a vote to remove that two maps. What is the difference from doing that in game, as opposed to doing it here?

I haven't seen or heard a lot of performance complaints as of late. If there's something new, that is news to me. If it is indeed an issue, this will hopefully be solved when we test out our own dedicated server very soon.

There has been a recent thread. Although I would say that most talk of this has come in server. You just get some lag spikes here and there, as well as a jump in pings to above 300.

Edited by duma

Another reason for the decline might be the favorites problem, I know I've lost some servers from that issue and for the life of me can't remember the name of them to get em back. So other non-members might of lost Mayhem from their favorites as well.

There has been many comments about Aztec and Militia. There isn't a night that goes by without the players requesting we skip Militia. Matter of fact, there are plenty of people who leave as soon as the request is not (or can not) be granted. Also, I very seldom notice players join when that map is on.

Aztec is a personal issue with me. I don't know how many players dislike that map, but I think there are enough to warrant considering its removal.

Personally, I would like to see a vote for a map cycle. If that isn't possible, then at least a vote to remove that two maps. What is the difference from doing that in game, as opposed to doing it here?

could not have said it better myself! Miltia is not my fav map, but its not that bad. It does however reduce the people.

Aztec.......i would rather goto another server and play with awpers, usually will go into #1.

Also i would like to see train back in rotation!! and galleria :boing:

Another reason for the decline might be the favorites problem, I know I've lost some servers from that issue and for the life of me can't remember the name of them to get em back. So other non-members might of lost Mayhem from their favorites as well.

Didn't think about that. That and the name changes.

whenever i play, it seems i always join when its russka/milita.

why?

it seems a lot of people dont like russka and militia. Since they dont like it, they leave and the server ends up being half full (or half empty, for all those pesimists out there). Im fine with both, but i would rather play any other map than russka or militia.

Maybe we can switch the cycle around, making sure to not put russka and militia besides each other. This 2 map combo seems to be great at emptying out the server

I love militia. It has to go. Seems I am the only one because it absolutely kills the server. The perormance seems to be loss not lag for me. The loss doesn't get that high but it seems to destroy performance. I play on other servers with higher loss where it doesn't seem to affect performance. I don't anymore lag spikes than other servers.

I don't think bringing in alot of pubbers is what the server needs. One of the reasons I like GC servers is they are usually more than half reg or members. When I joined GC over the summer the servers were always full of regs, it was too much of a pain to get in for people who didn't know.

I don't think bringing in alot of pubbers is what the server needs. One of the reasons I like GC servers is they are usually more than half reg or members. When I joined GC over the summer the servers were always full of regs, it was too much of a pain to get in for people who didn't know.

We do have to keep in mind that many of us came in as pubbers. Pubbers are where regulars come from, and eventually where new members come from too. It's good to see a lot of familiar names, but it's good to see some fresh players too.

Personally I would like to see de_contra and de_train back in the mapcycle....from what I have noticed these are probably two of the most even maps when it comes to a side having the advantage of the other..and Alivemetal wouldnt hurt. :D