ES: Oblivion

anonymo

great game, this is how a role play game should be. seemless between exploring and fighting. it doesnt have that annoying music and battle screen that pops up every 6.5 seconds when exploring. it also is not turn based, good choice :luxhello:

Ive delivered the amulet, I am horseback and on the way to the city SW.

Don't forget you can "fast travel" to major cities you haven't been to yet.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I'm a bit disappointed that special items change depending on your level. There's a quest in Chorral that gives you a really cool shield, it's call the Eschelon of Chorral. I got it on my mage who was level 25 at the time, it has something like reflect 25% of damage and some other modifier. It sells for around 11,000 gold. I did the same quest again on my level 5 fighter and it's 10% reflect and another modifier, sells for 4,000 gold.

I know it makes no sense for a level 5 guy to have a super shield but I'd rather they just wait to give me the quest until I am at the proper level. Now I need to wait to finish the quest until it's the higher level shield I want. I wonder how many other items I have that suck because I got them at a lower level.

Edited by VooDooPC

Hmm..

Well...

Apparently, I beat the main quest of the game, so I'm left wandering around. The main quest itself isn't that long to tell you the truth. Fast Traveling makes it alot shorter, but the quest it self is pretty dang cool.

I'm a bit disappointed that special items change depending on your level. There's a quest in Chorral that gives you a really cool shield, it's call the Eschelon of Chorral. I got it on my mage who was level 25 at the time, it has something like reflect 25% of damage and some other modifier. It sells for around 11,000 gold. I did the same quest again on my level 5 fighter and it's 10% reflect and another modifier, sells for 4,000 gold.

I know it makes no sense for a level 5 guy to have a super shield but I'd rather they just wait to give me the quest until I am at the proper level. Now I need to wait to finish the quest until it's the higher level shield I want. I wonder how many other items I have that suck because I got them at a lower level.

Head over to TESSource.net and grab the quest item leveling mod. Might be named a bit different, but if you read the description, it levels quest reward items along with you. Very handy.

I just noticed that the Sword you use to get that shield (steal the sword back from orcs correct?) is gaining in strength with me...when I got it had a 19 attack rating...now it's at 25 (im not giving it up!)...I'm curious to find out if magic items have a similar effect...ie their stats are somehow calculated depending on your stats...

Nice knowing you wayf! don't forget to sleep/eat

Scuba...shouldn't it be YOU that sleeps on the couch?!?!?

Anonymo, the attack rating goes up because your skills are going up.

I really burnt my self out with this game. I played it hours a day since I got it until last weekend and now I have hardly touched it. I've been playing Simcity 4. :D

If I'm correct...whenever you use an enchanted item's abilities then your Enchant skill increases. So perhaps because you have a higher enchant skill that you're better able to utilize the nifty abilities of your stuff???

<Bumbling sorcerer points wand at tree>

Sorcerer: FIREBOLT!!!!

<Wand shakes violently and requires the dude to grab hold with both hands...just as a spark of light radiates from the tip he hears>

Wand: "BURP!!!!"

<Smoke fizzles out of wand tip>

<Master Sorcerer grabs wand out of pupil's hand points it at tree>

Master: "pfft"

<tree explodes....master smacks pupil across back of head>

Anonymo, the attack rating goes up because your skills are going up.

I really burnt my self out with this game. I played it hours a day since I got it until last weekend and now I have hardly touched it. I've been playing Simcity 4. :D

Yeah, I know...I was wondering if the same thing was happening with the shield...even though its obviously not tied to your defence rating...but maybe reflects your intelligence or willpower somehow?

Good quality mods made by developers for a few bucks here and a few bucks there.

I'd hope that you could d/l as many times as you want if you purchase it.

$100 and one formated hard drive later..."whadaya mean I gotta pay again!?"

Also, it looks like VooDoo's been digging in the TES Construction Set again.

Edited by Brillow_Head

(edited)

At the rate that people are pumping out the 3rd party mods, I don't think there'll be the need to pay for dev-made mods. They are growing at almost 100+ releases a day!

That said, those horse armor sets look pretty awesome. What's to stop people from turning it into a free mod though is my question.

Edited by Cyklik

GC Alumni
(edited)

Well I'm stuck kinda... lol on the main quest atleast. I don't want to ruin anything. so yeah... bluntly running into Enemy's base = not a good idea yet I'm still trying to do it. I get close into accomplishing my goal but... then I die.

Anyways I hang on TS when I play this game it's more fun :P

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Well I'm stuck kinda... lol on the main quest atleast. I don't want to ruin anything. so yeah... bluntly running into Enemy's base = not a good idea yet I'm still trying to do it. I get close into accomplishing my goal but... then I die.

Anyways I hang on TS when I play this game it's more fun :P

I think I know where you are too... if you want, PM me where you are and I can maybe help you. I beat the main quest. I was in awe as some of it was going on.

Ok, can someone help me please? I'm breaking lockpics left, right, & center

even though my security skill keeps going up. I'm at a 19th level security

and I have not been able to pick a lock since last night. (a VERY long time

in game terms!) The most frusterating part is I've run out of lockpics and I can't

find them to purchase. I know you usually get some when you get into a chest,

but I'm finding them on dead goblins peicemeal and can't seem to open a chest with

just one. Even the very easy ones! Am I doing something wrong here?

Possible spoiler:

The most southern city is called "Leyawiin", Just east of that on the other side of the river there is a shrine. If you complete the task from the shrine you will get the "skeleton key", an unbreakable lockpick. There may or may not be a level requirement.