ES: Oblivion

anonymo

week!!!! WEEK!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Um, Morowind had over 200 hours of gameplay...this one is rumored to have double that.

You wouldn't beat it in a week

.... i thought it was 1000? anyways Right now I decided to follow the main plot and stuck in this stinky sewer trying to get this guy to give me the 4th volume to this book I have to collect. I keep getting down to the boss... and he smackes me with a critical hit. and I die adn i have to start this long conversation over... gotten to the point where i just not listen and try to kill him for the book. I'm only level 6 :P

*tip open books for skill points... like any book.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

week!!!! WEEK!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Um, Morowind had over 200 hours of gameplay...this one is rumored to have double that.

You wouldn't beat it in a week

.... i thought it was 1000? anyways Right now I decided to follow the main plot and stuck in this stinky sewer trying to get this guy to give me the 4th volume to this book I have to collect. I keep getting down to the boss... and he smackes me with a critical hit. and I die adn i have to start this long conversation over... gotten to the point where i just not listen and try to kill him for the book. I'm only level 6 :P

*tip open books for skill points... like any book.

...What?!

I was level 1 and i got the book without taking hardly any damage. I guess it depends on what class you are (I'm a warrior, so that's probably why).

GC Alumni
(edited)

I was level 1 and i got the book without taking hardly any damage. I guess it depends on what class you are (I'm a warrior, so that's probably why).

How did you not level at all??? Not even from getting to Martin?

I apparently leveled when I rested for 6 hours at the arena, but that was after I got the book... Is that the only way to level up (by resting)?

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni
(edited)

Heres some screenshots. I'll turn them into links if you guys complain of window-stretching.

My character

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/images/oblivion002.jpg

About to assault an oblivion gate.

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/images/oblivion001.jpg

DANG That thing is huge.

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/images/oblivion003.jpg

I'd hate to come here in real life...

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/images/oblivion004.jpg

AHHH!! FIRE!

http://www.utterlyopinionated.com/images/oblivion005.jpg

EDIT

Okay, I have no idea why they're not working at the moment. They were earlier...

Edited by JackieChan

You mainly have to have a good processor and 1 or + gig of ram for it to run VERY smoothly with everything set to high.

I have experienced some choppyness when running around on horseback, but it's not bad enough where it becomes unplayable. I've gotten use to choppyness because I had a 1ghz processor with 192 megs of ram up until last year, and believe me, that was a nightmare.

It runs fine on my AMD64 3500+ 1gigram 9800pro

Although, it is a processor hog...and after playing for 4 hours + I think my gpu is really heating up cause my fps drops slowly...but only when I'm inside a building, its weird...

This is the best game, IMO, to be released since...well...since HL2...nothing can touch it!

Funny story...I'm walking through the woods, looking for a cave...when I get hit with an arrow...AHHH! I turn around to see an Imperial Guard running towards me..."OH nooooo! They've caught me!!!" (as I'm a clepto)...but no, he just runs right past me and yells "sorry!" as he does so...he's chasing a deer, and has horrible aim supposedly...anyways, 2 seconds later another guard runs by chasing the first...they are both hunting the deer...long story short, guard A kills the deer, guard B goes and takes the meat, guard A doesn't like that he was just robbed so starts attacking guard B, guard B kills guard A and runs away...and I thought I had issues...

Stupid internet, wouldn't upload my post, now I gotta type it all over again...pft.

<sigh>

Friend has similar computer as me and he's having choppiness to the point where he's thinking about getting a 360 so he can play that version instead.

His rig

2.8 Ghz Dual Core

GF6800

1 Gb Ram

My rig

AMD 64 3000+

GF6800GT OC

1 Gb Ram

I'm scurd!

I've got similar specs to your buddy Brill, only difference is I have an x800xl video card. I find it can be a bit choppy when riding the horse like JC said, and there somtimes is a little chop when an area first loads. Other than that no problem. You can also adjust the graphics down a little if you need to.