The Hills Have Eyes

YoMamma

(edited)

0/4 Stars

This has to be the worst movie Ive seen so far in 2006. Its gross to the point where it should have been NC-17. Even the main titles were gross. It wasn't extertaining or fun at all. The movie just made me feel sorry for the main characters the whole time. I left the theater feeling angry and disgusted.

*Gross Spolier*

/

/

/

/

/

There was a rape scene in the move that was so gross and graphic that I do not recommend anyone to see this movie. It was gross to the point that I almost left the theater. A young teenage girl and her older sister, who is a mother of a newborn, get raped by some freaks who laugh while doing it. Not to mention that their mom has to see it happen. Oh... and their father is being burned alive during the scene too......

/

/

/

/

/

*End Gross Spolier*

PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Luckily I didnt have to pay for it since a friend of mine works at the theater. Yet, I regret even seeing it for free...

Edited by YoMamma

thanks for the quick review!

I will stay far away.

Wierd how sometime some movies will put in a scene that disgusts alot of people.

You know one for me would be Arnolds movie about the devil coming for the end and this baby is born and it's this girl who the devil is supposed to breed with. The devil has a scene where hes scrwing this guys wife and daughter in the bed at the same time.

My and my wife walked out and I didnt object, usually I do but this was going too far.

so thanks for this movies warning.

Aug

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
0/4 Stars

This has to be the worst movie Ive seen so far in 2006. Its gross to the point where it should have been NC-17. Even the main titles were gross. It wasn't extertaining or fun at all. The movie just made me feel sorry for the main characters the whole time. I left the theater feeling angry and disgusted.

*Gross Spolier*

/

/

/

/

/

There was a rape scene in the move that was so gross and graphic that I do not recommend anyone to see this movie. It was gross to the point that I almost left the theater. A young teenage girl and her older sister, who is a mother of a newborn, get raped by some freaks who laugh while doing it. Not to mention that their mom has to see it happen. Oh... and their father is being burned alive during the scene too......

/

/

/

/

/

*End Gross Spolier*

PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MOVIE!!!!!

Luckily I didnt have to pay for it since a friend of mine works at the theater. Yet, I regret even seeing it for free...

The original version was alot better but just as disgusting. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077681/ ) I'd Hate to come off sounding as a jerk but if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Horror movies aren't meant to be cute and cuddly, especially remakes of movies from the golden era of horror, the 1970s when no holds were barred. If anything you ought to be glad that they got away with so much of the filfth that they did in the movie. The MPAA has been eroding movie makers freedom of speech rights for so long that it's not even funny. Down with the MPAA and RIAA!

If you thought Hills was bad, you ought to see High Tension which was also directed by Alexandre Aja. ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/ ) Hills is also based on a true story...

Edited by ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
Wierd how sometime some movies will put in a scene that disgusts alot of people.

Alot of times scenes like this are necessary to set the tone of the movie. In the original hills (I don't plan to see the new one) the rape scene makes the feral clan alot more viscious and despicable and shows that they are just animals. It also contrasts neatly with the family as they are just animals trying to survive this whole ordeal. Who's really the animals? The ferals or the family? The gut munching scene in Night of the Living Dead '68 is another prime example. Superficially it is disgusting but it also exposes what is any creatures primordial fear: being eaten alive. The zombies were just benign monsters who didn't seem to be threatening throughout the movie up until this particular point. It definitly makes you think in detail of the fates of the poor victims. Quint getting chomped in half at the end of Jaws is another good example as well. At the time it was just as disgusting as any scene in hills but it served it's purpose as well. Quints fate is quite ironic if you remember for a minute that he just got done telling a story about one of his buddies that suffered the same fate on the USS Indianapolis!

There's also Deliverance...

Edited by ash-

(edited)
The original version was alot better but just as disgusting. I'd Hate to come off sounding as a jerk but if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Horror movies aren't meant to be cute and cuddly, especially remakes of movies from the golden era of horror, the 1970s when no holds were barred.

If you thought Hills was bad, you ought to see High Tension which was also directed by Alexandre Aja. Hills is also based on a true story...

You say the original was alot better, but you also say youve never seen the remake :unsure:. How can you judge something youve never seen and then criticize my opinion? I enjoyed all the "Dead" zombie movies, Texas Chainsaw, Saw, etc. I have nothing against gross horror movies, but this one just goes too far with the rape/burn alive scene. If you dare to watch the movie, you just may agree with me.

Ive seen High Tension and it was an alright movie. By no means is it excellent, but its better then this crap.

Is Hills based off a true story? Barley...

The photos of mutations that play during the opening credits are not of atomic mutation, but birth defects caused by the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam.

Based on the true story of the Sawney Bean family who cannibalized transients in 17th century Scotland. The movie is based on the true story of Sawney Beane and his family (a wife, eight sons and six daughters), a feral clan who inhabited and roamed the highlands of Scotland's East Lothian County, near Edinburgh, in the early 1400s. They captured, tormented and ate several transients. They were eventually captured on the order of Scotland's King James, were judged to be insane, and executed without trial.

Edited by YoMamma

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

The original version was alot better but just as disgusting. I'd Hate to come off sounding as a jerk but if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Horror movies aren't meant to be cute and cuddly, especially remakes of movies from the golden era of horror, the 1970s when no holds were barred.

If you thought Hills was bad, you ought to see High Tension which was also directed by Alexandre Aja. Hills is also based on a true story...

You say the original was alot better, but you also say youve never seen the remake :unsure:. How can you judge something youve never seen and then criticize my opinion? I enjoyed all the "Dead" zombie movies, Texas Chainsaw, Saw, etc. I have nothing against gross horror movies, but this one just goes too far with the rape/burn alive scene. If you dare to watch the movie, you just may agree with me.

Ive seen High Tension and it was an alright movie. By no means is it excellent, but its better then this crap.

Is Hills based off a true story? Barley...

The photos of mutations that play during the opening credits are not of atomic mutation, but birth defects caused by the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam.

Based on the true story of the Sawney Bean family who cannibalized transients in 17th century Scotland. The movie is based on the true story of Sawney Beane and his family (a wife, eight sons and six daughters), a feral clan who inhabited and roamed the highlands of Scotland's East Lothian County, near Edinburgh, in the early 1400s. They captured, tormented and ate several transients. They were eventually captured on the order of Scotland's King James, were judged to be insane, and executed without trial.

I don't have to see the remake to know that the original is better. It's just common sense when it comes to remakes. Very few remakes ever surpass the original in my opinion. Not only that but I've scoped out enough reviews to know it's crud. From what has been described about the movie, most of the gruesome scenes have remained intact from the original surprisingly. I also enjoyed all of the "dead" zombie movies as well as numerous clones and rip offs but that doesn't necessarily mean I condone someone being burned alive or little girls being raped. In the context of a movie it can mean something completly different. I may have to check the movie out to formulate an opinion on it but it's discouraging knowing the original is better anyway. Maybe you ought to check it out?

If you think that the director has gone too far with certain scenes then I believe that as a horror director, Mr. Aja has fufilled his job with flying colors. When's the last time a movie has gotten under your skin that badly? Probably not since your childhood if you're desensitized to movie violence like me. I remember the very first time I saw Zombi 2 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080057/ ) very vividly. it was an extremely unnerving, frightening, disgusting and over the top movie to me at the time. I had nightmares for months and never ever even bothered to look at the box cover at blockbuster for years. I basically swore the movie off the same way you did with hills. Now i've seen it recently again (about 3 years ago) and I have alot more respect for it. Still scares the heck out of me though.

This is what I really love about the horror genre. It can move viewers like none other.

On a side note, i'm surprised you did not have a similiar reaction to the masturbation scene in High Tension or the bricksaw scene. The bricksaw scene is hands down the most brutal death I have ever seen in any movie.

If you think that the director has gone too far with certain scenes then I believe that as a horror director, Mr. Aja has fufilled his job with flying colors.

On a side note, i'm surprised you did not have a similiar reaction to the masturbation scene in High Tension or the bricksaw scene. The bricksaw scene is hands down the most brutal death I have ever seen in any movie.

The reason I hated the movie so much was not because the movie scared me, because I did not find it scary at all. The reason is because they glorified rape. I know a couple friends who have been raped and I have no respect for the act, as no one should. The thing is, some movies can show a rape scene and make it less graphic and still get the same message across. For example "Derailed" is a new action movie with a rape scene. They did a good job of letting the viewer know that a rape was being committed without being too graphic or with glorifing it as Hills did.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

If you think that the director has gone too far with certain scenes then I believe that as a horror director, Mr. Aja has fufilled his job with flying colors.

The reason I hated the movie so much was not because the movie scared me, because I did not find it scary at all. The reason is because they glorified rape. I know a couple friends who have been raped and I have no respect for the act, as no one should. The thing is, some movies can show a rape scene and make it less graphic and still get the same message across. For example "Derailed" is a new action movie with a rape scene. They did a good job of letting the viewer know that a rape was being committed without being too graphic or with glorifing it as Hills did.

Ahh well I understand your reasoning. The originals rape scene was drawn out as well but it did not in anyway glorify it. It was just a really gritty movie. I still have yet to see the new one but I could imagine some gimmick rapper spewing out propaganda during the scene knowing the way hollywood movies have become.

Edited by ash-

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't even know that this was a remake of an old horror. I remember when I saw the trailer for this film I thought that it was going to be really good. I still have not seen it, but that's just because I wait for movies to come out on DVD now; movie theatres are just too overpriced these days. Anyway, I have read all of your posts about this movie and I have always been one to not the the opinion of someone else affect me. I have heard that this movie is horrible by loads of people and from loads of different sources, I am still gonna see it though. I will post on this topic after I see it. I will say though, that I was quite disturbed that the director would put a scene in a movie where the daughter is getting raped, the mom is forced to watch, and the father is being burned alive all at the same time. I think that horror movies can amazing without those types of scenes. Take the ORGINAL Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That movie had none of that and it was an amazing movie. Anyway, I will post after I see it, I have a bad feeling that I will agree with all of you and will end up regretting spending money on it. Anyway, see ya all on the CS:S battlefield.

-Luck of the Irish