Bub's Makin Progress

Bubblegum Bandit

If a refresher is needed, here's a link to the first half of this drama:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...wtopic=24030&hl

Short and dirty of it, I'm putting a bathroom in my basement.

7. Basin poured, drywall up and mudded.

drywall2.jpg

drywall4.jpg

8. Paint and electrical so I can see how bad of a job I did drywalling.

paint2.jpg

paint6.jpg

9. Tile (in progress)

tile01.jpg

tile03.jpg

*****EDIT 4/1/06 *****

tile05.jpg

tile06.jpg

*****EDIT 4/4/06 ***** (bedroom framed and wired in two days)

brframing1.jpg

brframing2.jpg

do you have any other professional experience doing this sort of thing?

Mostly just working on my own house or friends' houses. I did work construction for my b-i-l for a year or so when I moved to Denver while I looked for a job.

I'm curious how many total hours you've put into that project. That's pretty cool, man.

Oh yeah, we don't have a basement, or cellar, or bat cave...

Hmmm, I think I've got 3 full weekends. 12 hr days.... so so far that would be like 72 hrs. That doesn't sound like enough though. Maybe a little more. I've done all of it myself. Would go a lot faster with someone to help.

Looks like your hot water supply line is off by 1/8". You should start over.

Figured I was gonna get that about the tile. "Erm...3rd one down, 4th from the left looks a little off." If you look though, the drain line is a little off to the side, due to a stud going down between the lines.

Let's see your permit!!

Don't have one. Really wasn't worried about it until I realized that the appraisers won't increase the value of my house without one. Did some research and a permit is like $4k. There's no way I can recoop the cost of materials and permit that fast. So, we're not putting the bedroom in, but we are going to go ahead and finish the bathroom in hopes it will make the house sell faster.

Hmmm, I think I've got 3 full weekends. 12 hr days.... so so far that would be like 72 hrs. That doesn't sound like enough though. Maybe a little more. I've done all of it myself. Would go a lot faster with someone to help.

give me a ride to FF06 and ill give you all the help you want :D

There is a very good possiblity that I will be transferring from the Denver office to the Cleveland office. I have a phone interview which I have pretty much been told is a formality in the next week or so. If it goes as well as should, and I can sell my house, they are looking at transfering me as early as June.

Found out some good news today. In essence, Shep is right. Talked to our personal realtor today and she basically said, "Balony!!!" We can list it as a 4/2 and add the square footage to our listing. She said the appraisers won't care either.

Now due to our crunched time limit, should this transfer happen in June, we hafe to decide if the extra 2 to 3 weeks off the market is a good trade for having the 4th bedroom. I should be done with the bathroom by the weekend. I'm hoping I can get the bedroom done in 2 weeks with a lot of work at night and on the weekends. Realtor is doing some research and supposed to get back to us in a day or two to let us know her opinion on time vs bedroom