AA

Guest ZDamage

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Alcoholics Anonamys (forgive my spelling). IS this a good or bad thing and do you think it works. I can name a few people who should make a stop at a meeting and get cleaned up.

my dad was an alcohalic for 9 years when i was little, thank god i don't remember... he went to AA all the time and said it never worked for him, the only thing that worked for him is realizing he was missing his little girl grow up.. and he stopped for me. I could never be more proud of my daddy :D

(yes, i am a daddy's girl)

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

AA is a support group. Basically a bunch of strangers coming around and sharing their experiences with alcohol. Moderately successful.

Z, if you have friends that have a drinking problem, and you really want to help them, plan an intervention. Trust me, the message is driven home when you get it from friends and loved ones.

Things like AA and interventions only work if the person wants them to work. Yes, if you want to quit drinking AA is a good place to go cause you can get support from people in your same situation. Like anything, forcing people into AA is worthless.

If I may interject and pick on ZD way off the topic: Whenever I start to type a word and it looks funny or I'm not sure, I open word, take a stab at it, then let it show me...thus learning to spell still at the age of 31. Everyone should do something like this rather than asking for forgiveness before even hitting the post button.

As for the topic at hand, I apologize that I can't comment on AA or it's effectiveness. Sorry ZD, please forgive my rant.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
If I may interject and pick on ZD way off the topic: Whenever I start to type a word and it looks funny or I'm not sure, I open word, take a stab at it, then let it show me...thus learning to spell still at the age of 31.  Everyone should do something like this rather than asking for forgiveness before even hitting the post button.

that or http://www.webster.com

type the word as good as you know and it'll give you a list of words that it thought you were trying to spell. aiiite?

AA is a support group.  Basically a bunch of strangers coming around and sharing their experiences with alcohol.  Moderately successful.

Kind of like... some religions, no? Beh. AA is evil. The spawn of satan. I land in the hospital for only 6 days and they say I need AA. I don't think it's fair, if I want to ruin my liver it's my choice, not theirs. And anyway, 5 of the 6 days were spent yelling in 5P.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
fatty, usually i do what u do too, open word.. but sometimes i'm just too lazy.  :unsure:

Exactly. I am in a rush and do not want to spend the extra seconds to make sure my spelling is correct (which I know it isn't)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
I open word, take a stab at it, then let it show me...

I use the built in AOL Dictionary if words look funny to me... it's very helpful. Also, the thesaurus is very useful too...

AOL!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WISH TO SMITE THY VILE EXISTANCE!!!

(did you know that even though Evil and Vile have the same letters and are words that could be used for the same thing (though they mean different things) are in fact NOT reversable to spell the other one)

AA is it good or bad? Depends....I had to take Alcohol Safty class, because a cop seen a case of beer in the back of my car 2 months before I was 21 and wrote me a ticket. In the class, they tell you everything about alcoholics and symptons. Any person with brains could determine if they are an alcoholic or not, It just all depends on their will power and trying not to deny you are one. If an alcoholic really wanted to quit, Give him a good reason and let him see what hes doing. If you just take an alcoholic and stick them in AA it doesnt matter, they arent going to quit because they dont want to.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Some people want to quit but they struggle to overcome the disease. It's similar to anorexia or bulemia... it's not something you can just say "Oh well, that was an interesting phase of my life but it's time to move on" - you need a lot of will power and drive to overcome such a thing and AA can help you where you are lacking. Emphasis on can.