Final Custom Map Night

Shep, Shazz and I regret to announce that this weekend will be the last Custom Map Night on Project Mayhem.

Unfortunately we have had to make this decision. We will be completely resetting the server after this weekend. There will be some downtime during this period while the server is worked on.

We hope that you've enjoyed playing custom maps over the past months as much as we have :hug: There were bad maps, ok maps, but also so many good and even a several great maps. Some were even great enough to make the server rotation. We've also gotten to try some of the custom maps that our members have created. It was a blast getting to see the work of some of our community members.

I'd also like to thank Shep and others who have put in so much time looking for new maps to play and taking the time to test them out. I know Shep alone put in hours each week just to filter out so many maps and picking the best from each group of maps he'd find. :luxhello:

West Coast will still be having custom map nights if you still feel the need to play customs. We look forward to seeing many of you over there.

You can find the maps for tonight's final mapnight at the links below. There are some big map downloads for tonight so please download these ahead of time so you can get the most out of the last night of customs:

rg_glasshell

de_combat_arena

de_eternal_darkness

de_rats_home_studio

de_rats_2004_crzy

cs_jungle *Final*

:(

I don't know what to say. It's been great guys. Saturday Night Customs brought me into GC, I think it was the first time I ever played on GC servers, probably about 10 months ago. The maps that night were bad, but the experience was unique, and I guess everyone can see that I've stuck around since then and become part of a great community. I don't know what it'll be like without this, but I guess life in the servers will go on. I know I will cherish the memories of Saturdays past for years to come. Thank you guys, for many months of what I think was the best gaming experience on the 'Net.

:hug:

I'd like to thank everyone that came to the mapnight tonight. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. A couple of the maps didn't work out like I hopped but some were a lot of fun. I'd also like to once again thanks Shep, Shazz and all the others I forgot to mention who've helped make map night such a success.

Lastly I'd like to thank all the players. Without you guys we couldn't have done Custom Map Nights.

I just have one last thing to say.

:lol2:April Fools everybody!! :spin2:

I'd like to thank everyone that came to the mapnight tonight. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. A couple of the maps didn't work out like I hopped but some were a lot of fun. I'd also like to once again thanks Shep, Shazz and all the others I forgot to mention who've helped make map night such a success.

Lastly I'd like to thank all the players. Without you guys we couldn't have done Custom Map Nights.

I just have one last thing to say.

:lol2:April Fools everybody!! :spin2:

i guess thats a good thing....

p.s.: ice hax

Guest Snowman
Guest Snowman
Guest Snowman
Guests

Cool I was going to miss custom map night , I also got hooked on scopeless gc one saturday night when you guys where running custom maps. I was really bummed on Saturday morning after reading about it being last one. Glad to hear only joke(not a bad one)!! :biglaugha: