Hate to ask

I gotta ask, since I can't see where other people have: any word on the stats? The funny thing is, I don't really care that much about them, I just like to go on and see which gun I'm best with. :-)

It's usually the p228 and the m4....but who knows, that could change. Anyway, I'm just curious. What happened that made the crash anyway?

Nope, they're not being ignored. Bubblegum Bandit is currently responsible for the stats. Unfortunately real life has intruded and currently he cannot handle all that needs to be done in real life and GC, including tracking all the the threads relating to stats. Please be patient. BB is doing his best at getting things back to normal.

We lost the stats due to a series of unfortunate circumstances. The person that was taking care of them left GC. That wasn't a really big problem because the stats were humming along on Mantis just fine. They became Bub's responsibilty and that was okay at the time because the stats were working alright. Then Bub got a promotion (at least I think it was a promotion) which involved him moving. This meant he had to finish the renovations he had been doing now and then within a 3 or 4 week periond while still working and maintaining the GC front page. At just about the same time he learned of his promotion, Mantis got upgraded. Unfortunately the stats didn't graciously move to the souped up Mantis box.

Bub just hasn't had the time to learn all the ins and outs. He's doing his best to get them running in what little spare time he has at the moment. I can tell you that he's very appreciative of your patience. Hang in there the stats will be back, it's just going to take more time than Bub first thought.

Hey, no problem at all. Congrats to Bub on his promotoion (I think) :-)

Thanks for the update Pavid! I know maintaining stats can be quite cumbersome...I've got some friends that do it. So, like I said, I'm not worried 'bout it at all, was just curious.

Also tell Bub thanks for all the hard work!

Kick butt and take names! :erm:

Last I heard, SJ asked Bub (who's visiting Ohio with his family and just went up to bed a moment ago) if he could tinker with the stats, and was given the go-ahead. I think this is what I understood.

Yes, SJ has been working on them quite a bit. He was running into the same problems strangefamous did the first time he set them up; Conflicting versions of PHP, ActivePerl, and MySQL. Last I heard he thought he had the conflicts figured out. If that is indeed the case I would expect they will be back up before too long.

YOU DA MAN!!!

SJ is my fav. .gc now (sorry Shazzz :) eheheheh)

i will never go out drinking with you!

hahahahaa

speaking of that....lemme jack this post and post a vid of how drunk I can get you (this is not Nike commercial).

putdomoy.jpg