Why is the flashlight disabled?

Guest ash-

No flashlight really is getting annoying; today I wasted about 3-4 secs trying to find the bomb in the water on de_aztec. Worse is when you're a CT and you can't tell if you knocked down the bomb or not, I guess all that's left to do is shoot around and look for sparks.

just checked it again and it works its your config not servers. it works

Just checked, and flashlight does not work. Nothing happens if I press "F" or even if I type "impulse 100" in console. You do know we're talking about Recrudescence right?

I'll check this out.

Fixed.

I use the flashlight to do happy dance communicating with my teammates.

Actually, night-vision goggles use up more batteries than the flashlights, which is why I've assigned SJ to install solar panels on them.

I wonder how slow people would run with solar panel-laden night vision goggles on them...

That's not even the most important point.....but nobody saw the humor...I guess.

I use the flashlight to do happy dance communicating with my teammates.

YES! That's it!

Like, when somebody blocks you, instead of cussing on the mic I can flash them so they move. It's sorta like driving a car and using high beam.

YES! That's it!

Like, when somebody blocks you, instead of cussing on the mic I can flash them so they move. It's sorta like driving a car and using high beam.

I also find myself using it right after a teammate pummels someone right in front of me...i flash the corpse and jump around monkey like.....it's the equivilent, giddy version of typing "NICE!"

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
No flashlight really is getting annoying; today I wasted about 3-4 secs trying to find the bomb in the water on de_aztec. Worse is when you're a CT and you can't tell if you knocked down the bomb or not, I guess all that's left to do is shoot around and look for sparks.

Ohhh you bring up an interesting point that I forgot to mention. My most common use for the flashlight is for finding weapons on the floor that would otherwise be difficult to see even with gamma turned up.

(I did finally get around to googling what recrudescence means)

If you have firefox just get this extention: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1171/. My vocabulary has increased dramatically since I installed it :)

Edited by ash-