Why is the flashlight disabled?

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

It kind of sucks on dark maps like aztec when you can't use it :(. Before anyone mentions it, I do not like cranking up the gamma. It severely degrades the image quality of the game.

Edited by ash-

(edited)

Uh, I don't think it's disabled. I personally don't use it, don't have a key bound to it, but I see people using it.

edit- If you're using a special config, it may have the flashlight disabled.

Edited by witt

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Uh, I don't think it's disabled. I personally don't use it, don't have a key bound to it, but I see people using it.

edit- If you're using a special config, it may have the flashlight disabled.

I have it bound to F and try as I might it never works. It works on all other GC servers though. I've noticed it ever since the servers changed IPs.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
You may have noticed that we added another server. To be honest, we had to cut some corners, and batteries were amongst the cuts.

LOL

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
I can't think of one place on aztec where one would need a flashlight. :unsure:

I use it in the water mostly where it is very difficult to spot people hiding in the corner of the ramp. Also the other corners near the bridge. It's saved my butt quite a few times.

I use it in the water mostly where it is very difficult to spot people hiding in the corner of the ramp. Also the other corners near the bridge. It's saved my butt quite a few times.

I used to have that problem aswell, then I turned up my gamma. :D

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I used to have that problem aswell, then I turned my gamma up. :D

:bang: gamma :bang: . It makes me feel like I poured bleech all over my graphics card!

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
My graphics card is a little seasoned, so I turn up the gamma, and the graphic settings down.

I'm gonna have to wait until Newegg replaces my 6600GT to even mess with gamma. The game already looks washed out as is with my X300SE. The Digital Vibrance control in the Nvidia control panal works WONDERS. I swear it's almost as if CS:S is B&W now.

• 3 weeks later...

actually, yesterday we were playing on aztec and as I died I specced a noob on ct side trying to patrol water. Since I have my gamma up all the way (old monitor) I could clearly see a T in the water. this CT was guess-shooting at the wrong place until T just headshot him. It was kinda weird, I felt bad for the guy, maybe he could've used flashlight :huh:

R.I.P. that one noob on ct side