Banned from Stock

Limbcutter

Today s4h.Reflex and myself were banned from stock. I was unaware I did anything offensive to warrant a ban, and I heard from lefty who put in a query in the server that it was from "teamstacking."

I just auto as soon as I connect. You will know that from other s4h players who frequent the server that we are often pitted against one another. however, should we auto to the same team, I do not feel it necessary to change without request.

As far as stacking goes, reflex was destroying with his 30 and 2 score, and was middle of the pack with 12 and 8. I do not really feel that I stacked in any way, when I was playing so mediocre.

Of course, had a request been made directly to me or reflex to switch teams, either of us would have been more than willing. I do not understand a ban without warning.

My steam id is 0:1:1710012

Edited by s4h.Limbcutter

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

FYI, you will want to post your Steam ID.

Attitudes weren't the greatest....I accidently killed you limb. And you talk smack to me while reflex shoots me intending on killing me cause i accidently shot you.

The team stacking isn't an issue with me. Just don't act like you own the server. I am a regular here and i don't appreciate being shot on purpose Reflex!

talking smack?

I said before I came long A in dust 2 - "I'm coming long a, please dont kill me please dont kill me" and then you shot me.

At the start of the next map, I said "I can't believe you still shot me after I told you I was coming long"

Honestly, I thought that was polite.

Anyhow, the reason giving was teamstacking. and I still don't have a response on that. As far as attitudes go, I rarely talk and yes, I do get frustrated after being tked when given warning that I am coming from somewhere. But my frustration was in check, I do not feel that reasons should be "manifested" to support the kick/ban.

This is an interesting situation.

We combined the ban lists of all our servers so you were probably banned for something, sometime ago and it resurfaced. We were also discussing today's events regarding you, Chrono and an additional post.

I don't believe you did anything intentionally wrong today that warrants a ban so I'll lift it, but I'm leaving room for another admin to reban in case I'm not aware of a recent situation.

That's probably the case w/ the other s4h ban so I'll be in there shortly to lift it.

Additionally, I was the one on console this afternoon. I warned the server twice not to use the spec for cash exploit. You discon'd/recon'd shortly thereafter so I took some of your cash back and brought it to your attention. You wanted to be cute by splitting hairs between spec'ing and recon/decon'ing, but you didn't push it so I let it go.

Again, just don't use the exploit. It's not asking much.

Regarding the link, I banned Chrono because he was informed that we don't allow people to use the spec/disconnect exploit and he chose to continue using it in spite of the warning. It's no secret that we keep things as fair as possible and we feel the exploit creates an unfair advantage so we ask that you don't use it.

When it happens, we warn the individual and the server as a whole. Afterwards, we take some cash back and/or kick and/or ban, depending on the admin and teh situation. Chrono did it repeatedly and got banned for it. He can come in here and explain himself if he chooses to.

You posted your ID so I'll lift it in a sec.

*edit*

Rebanned. Apparently an admin specifically banned you for a teamspeak issue. He'll post up, I'm sure.

*2nd edit* It wasn't teamspeak related. See Mag's post.

(edited)

teamspeak? or ventrilo? as an implication of ghosting I presume?

NorgmaN DOES NOT PERMIT ghosting in s4h vent.

he has numerously invited in all accusers to come join us in vent when we are pubbing on the server. Where the "obvious guy" (thanks blind date) would say "well, you'll just stop ghosting if we come in" the point is, if you watch us play, and watch us CONTINUE to dish up good performances while in our vent, perhaps you would understand we do not need to ghost.

I reaffirm, NorgmaN stated he would ban any ghosters on site be it in scrims or pubs (hard to do in scrims with cal config, I'm aware) as it takes away from not only the fun of the game, but it doesn't help us get better either.

If you are an admin and would like to join our vent at any time and play with us, please, just PM myself or one of the s4h members and we will gladly let you in.

thank you.

Edited by s4h.Limbcutter

Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guests

We were playing italy once and some kid asked if we used vent. I told him that theres no vents in italy. ^^

One of you admins are welcome to come in our vent when we are pubbing.

Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guests
just one? i'll hang out if its ok.

coffee.gif

We like our vent small o.O

talon and other s4h, xt is just like you if what you say about norg is correct, we will not say one word in a pub, i mean a pub is meant to be fun, we can go 30-10 without ghosting so why would you ghost to be 50-5, if you do well i guess i judged wrong.

i will say if this ban was for a ghosting suspicion then i will stand against it just because we have been accused of this many times even on gc and i hate it but if the attitudes and such dont change that is reason alone to keep you banned.

teamspeak? or ventrilo? as an implication of ghosting I presume?

NorgmaN DOES NOT PERMIT ghosting in s4h vent.

he has numerously invited in all accusers to come join us in vent when we are pubbing on the server. Where the "obvious guy" (thanks blind date) would say "well, you'll just stop ghosting if we come in" the point is, if you watch us play, and watch us CONTINUE to dish up good performances while in our vent, perhaps you would understand we do not need to ghost.

I reaffirm, NorgmaN stated he would ban any ghosters on site be it in scrims or pubs (hard to do in scrims with cal config, I'm aware) as it takes away from not only the fun of the game, but it doesn't help us get better either.

If you are an admin and would like to join our vent at any time and play with us, please, just PM myself or one of the s4h members and we will gladly let you in.

thank you.

* I am sorry for sticking my nose in. I have no reason to post here.

Farmer

Edited by farmerisme

Yep i tossed the ban out there... I was just getting annoyed with the teamstacking, 3 maps in a row where s4h were on the same team... Just a crazy coinsedence, anyways... Then chorno and reflex using the spec bug.. People asking to stop using, not being listened to b/c they weren't an admin. Also asking what the spec bug was, when they knew exactly what is was! I got sick a tired of repeating myself, you guys play here enough to know we don't mess around, we hold a tight ship. I will see what other admins have to say about my actions and we will come to a conclustion about being unbanned.

We've discussed this.

LimbCutter & Reflex: Mag's bans are in effect for one week. Come back in 7 days and he'll lift them. You can discuss specifics with him.

Chrono: I banned him for a month. If he wants back on the servers he needs to come back in a month and finish our conversation.

Norg, Chentz and any other s4h members: Not banned at this time.

Personally, I don't like hearing someone say, "You never told me..." so I'm a firm believer in putting everything on the table. No secrets or ambiguous statements.

We have a policy regarding clans and, unfortunately, your clan has reached this stage. If a member or members of a clan are consistently disrupting the servers, we remove the clan as a whole. I'm not saying that to intimidate or escalate matters, rather, I am trying to be upfront with you so that you know our position. I don't want 1 or 2 of your members screwing it up for the rest of you so please discuss this situation among yourselves. Make sure everyone in your clan understands our position and the position s4h is in. If we have another s4h related issue, I will ban the clan from our servers.

I do not wish to see the s4h group removed from our servers but I do not enjoy watching the atmosphere of our servers deteriorate by letting little things slide. The integrity of the server comes first.

I do not wish to see the s4h group removed from our servers but I do not enjoy watching the atmosphere of our servers deteriorate by letting little things slide. The integrity of the server comes first.

*edit* I had nothing constructive to add. Please don't mind me...

Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guest RefleX
Guests
Yep i tossed the ban out there... I was just getting annoyed with the teamstacking, 3 maps in a row where s4h were on the same team... Just a crazy coinsedence, anyways... Then chorno and reflex using the spec bug.. People asking to stop using, not being listened to b/c they weren't an admin. Also asking what the spec bug was, when they knew exactly what is was! I got sick a tired of repeating myself, you guys play here enough to know we don't mess around, we hold a tight ship. I will see what other admins have to say about my actions and we will come to a conclustion about being unbanned.

Apparently you dont think a ban is such a big deal...sounds to me like its casual how you say it. You should have asked one of us to switch if it was irritating you that much. The team stack wasnt intentional which is why i think this got blown out of porpotioned. But i guess ill just wait the week before i get myself into more trouble.

gl hf

I played one night last week. There were two s4h on. For 4 or maybe 5 maps IN A ROW, s4h were on the same team. I made one comment, and the one comment back was "I swear I autoed."

I left it at that. I wasn't going to get into a "then don't auto" conversation. However, after 4 or 5 maps, someone decided they play me for simple and satisfy me with an "auto" response after I witnessed that many stacks.

Nobody should have to say anything.

glhf?

Reflex, a ban that improves our atmosphere is a very easy ban. You are correct.

PS. Personally I don't care what team you're on. I'll play against anyone. But when it's not left up to chance and done intentionally, then it's wrong.

We digress, however. You stack. We don't need to request you not to, you know our stance, so let's not discuss it anymore.

ok wait. I am unclear as to why I am banned. If it is for teamstacking, I don't follow. How is it teamstacking when I'm doing mediocre/bad and my teammate is doing good. If I'm playing badly, neither team is going to benefit from having me. I was 12 and 8 in dust2 when reflex was 30 and 2. There was at least 4 others between us that had a higher score than me.

I never used the exploit, correction, I reconnected when I had 2200 dollars and a bad score to even my score, and was told not to use the exploit bug. Since the admins can't see my money, I understand them thinking I was using it, so I didn't argue and followed the instructions.

I appreciate being unbanned (albeit taking a week to happen) but don't understand why I personally was banned in the first place.

Here's what I've seen from the last couple of posts, and what I have heard from the members of my team, note I am not here to flame, or be the "correct" one in any of this post, I'm just putting information together, and finding out what admins want on THEIR server. Even though I do wish it was mine, because its really nice. =)

Anyway.

1) Teamstacking. For me, teamstacking is putting everysingle skilled person on one team, or putting 10 people on one vs 5. Many people will probably agree, that 2 people from the same clan, playing on the same team in a pub, wouldn't be "stacking". Now I know some people disagree with this, some people won't. Personally I encourage my teammates to play together, in pubs. Usually you only see me and Chen playing. We usually go on the same team, of the HARD side of the map, and play TOGETHER, talking over ventrilo to communicate positions, strats, whatnot. I believe this helps people when they go to scrim/match. In pubs, its all about fun, you learn new spots, talk with friends, learn where to hide/not hide. That's what I encourage my players to do when pubbing. 3 clanmembers on a team may be pushing it, SOMETIMES. This all depends on who you are, and your skill level. For my team, usually 3 is the max, and I'll tell the other to go to a different team, while the map is loading. As for stacking, if you want it so only 1 clanmate can be on a team at a time, your going to have a really hard time yourselves keeping this rule up. I've seen up to 4 CsLs on 1 team at a time. It happens, and usually it gets sorted out over the map, OR after the map change.

2) Ghosting. As Limb said earlier, I do not let ANYONE in my ventrilo ghost of any sort that would allow an advantage that would go beyond that of a match/scrim. If you dont' understand what I mean, here is a quick example. In a scirm, you go out Long A of Dust2, and you see 3 guys in pit, and you die. What most people would do, is say, there are 3 in pit, I shot 1 in the head, throw a nade if you want. That's all if any ghosting we ever do in Pubs. Its the same as scrims. Other things I tolerate. *v1 and the last guy is AFK, *v1 and the CT is nowhere near defusing the bomb, and telling your teammate to save their gun. Other things that are not going to affect the gameplay of the pub. If any of you still don't believe me, I'm offering to give out the ventrilo information, so any ADMIN who wants to come on, and listen to us, can. I'll even mute the channel so we wont' know when you join. If any ADMIN wants this info, PM me here on the forums, or on IRC.

3) Spectator Bug. You are all correct about this. I shun every player who does it, its cheap and *insert bad word here*. If you EVER catch another s4h member abusing the spectator bug, warn them and watch for it agian, if they don't respond say it to them 1 more time. IF they use it a 2nd time, ban them. I have no problem with this. They know how I feel about it, and if they wanna abuse it, just ban them. HOWEVER, Even I have bad pub days. I am guilty, along with MANY people who either just need to restart their map, and refresh their score. I know personally that if I am 0-5 or so, I have a hard time concentrating and it gets on my nerves. I'll retry once, play, and if I'm still doing terrible I'll probably get off the game. I am guilty, along with even more people for using the spec bug every once in a while (MAYBE 1nce a week, if that). Overall, sometimes people just need to use it, but using constantly/abusivly, is stupid/absurd. Warn and BAN.

I'm sure there is more to go over, but this is all I can think of at this point. I have said it before and I'll say it agian, this is GC's Server, we abide by YOUR rules, and will play by them. If any of you have problems with me, or my team, bring them to my attention and this will be resolved. Usually my guys are pretty well behaved, but sometimes when I'm not around they get out of control. I appologize for their actions, and as the leader of the team, this aggrivates me, that my team would go and make themselves look bad in great company. We all enjoy playing on these servers. Let the bans stand, if you could make Chrono's 1 week with the rest. They will learn from what they are doing, and will learn to respect themselves, and especially the ADMINS/regulars on the server. If you feel that the 1 month ban should stay, that is your choice. I'm not pushing you to change it.

As I stated in the beginning. I am not here to get introuble, get my team out of trouble. Just here to see what people think about different situations. I love playing in GC, and I know ChenTzen does. And as I said in a different post, these problems WILL be fixed before they come back to pub, or you can do whatever you wish with them. Sorry for the long post, but BS like this needs to be solved. Any questions/comments post in this thread/pm me on the forum/#s4h in irc.gamesurge.net.

Thanks to anyone reading/responding.

Nice, well written post. Allow me to respond to a few things

As for stacking, if you want it so only 1 clanmate can be on a team at a time, your going to have a really hard time yourselves keeping this rule up. I've seen up to 4 CsLs on 1 team at a time. It happens, and usually it gets sorted out over the map, OR after the map change.

We're asking that you take it upon yourselves to mix it up. So you encourage your team to practice together. Great. We encourage our community to mix it up, make friends, and have a good time. This is the greater need.

As for CsLs, you're not going to pull that one over on me. You guys are practiced competitors. Nuff said.

3) Spectator Bug. You are all correct about this. I shun every player who does it, its cheap and *insert bad word here*. If you EVER catch another s4h member abusing the spectator bug, warn them and watch for it agian, if they don't respond say it to them 1 more time. IF they use it a 2nd time, ban them.

I believe we've beat this into the ground enough. YOU warn em. Tell your crew not to do it. I'll tell mine to boot or ban, whatever they feel like. We've said "specator exploit" enough times in these discussions that anyone that still needs a warning needs a slap upside the head.

I'm sure there is more to go over, but this is all I can think of at this point. I have said it before and I'll say it agian, this is GC's Server, we abide by YOUR rules, and will play by them. If any of you have problems with me, or my team, bring them to my attention and this will be resolved. Usually my guys are pretty well behaved, but sometimes when I'm not around they get out of control. I appologize for their actions, and as the leader of the team, this aggrivates me, that my team would go and make themselves look bad in great company. We all enjoy playing on these servers. Let the bans stand, if you could make Chrono's 1 week with the rest. They will learn from what they are doing, and will learn to respect themselves, and especially the ADMINS/regulars on the server. If you feel that the 1 month ban should stay, that is your choice. I'm not pushing you to change it.

As I stated in the beginning. I am not here to get introuble, get my team out of trouble. Just here to see what people think about different situations. I love playing in GC, and I know ChenTzen does. And as I said in a different post, these problems WILL be fixed before they come back to pub, or you can do whatever you wish with them. Sorry for the long post, but BS like this needs to be solved. Any questions/comments post in this thread/pm me on the forum/#s4h in irc.gamesurge.net.

Thanks to anyone reading/responding.

No, thank you. Much appreciated.

Nice, well written post. Allow me to respond to a few things

As for stacking, if you want it so only 1 clanmate can be on a team at a time, your going to have a really hard time yourselves keeping this rule up. I've seen up to 4 CsLs on 1 team at a time. It happens, and usually it gets sorted out over the map, OR after the map change.

We're asking that you take it upon yourselves to mix it up. So you encourage your team to practice together. Great. We encourage our community to mix it up, make friends, and have a good time. This is the greater need.

As for CsLs, you're not going to pull that one over on me. You guys are practiced competitors. Nuff said.

Like I said, I'm not here to flame, point fingers at other clans, I'm just trying to use it as an example. This rule applies to anyone ever tagged the same, GC, XT, whoever else. You can't stay "dont' clan stack". Take it how you want, its just hard to enforce.