Dell 24" widescreen LCD

Flitterkill

Dell 24" widescreen LCD 2405

1920x1200

REFURBISHED

Price: $690 plus shipping

"But Flitterkill...refurbished? That is teh suxors."

Perhaps, but in many cases not. In this case, we are talkiing Dell Outlet. Essentially, not only does broken and then fixed stuff end up here, but also a vast quantity of refused shipments, or general returns as well - nothing wrong with the stuff - but it can never be sold as "new" again. I've gotten tons of good stuff from Dell Outlet - it's a good thing.

More specifically, this is likely Dell doing a stock drawdown (as in new merch just dumped into the outlet) as they have a newer model out soon (2407 - very little real change with this one)

How does it look? Most sweet.

I nabbed three this past weekend with the original goal of flipping two of them around (so as my swag would be all but free) - alas, guilt pains of the kind felt when another human stares longingly at the coolness on my desktop - burning a hole in my soul as to why I did not hook them up. So, yeah..., monitor #2 is spoken for now as well.

This is for number three - no takers here then this will end up on fleabay.

I will naturally take pictures, no dead pixels, etc. before you get yours as it were. I have just had the time this evening to get mine on the desktop - haven't even opened the other two boxen yet (and will not have the chance until late Thursday night)

My l33t desktop (pending a pci card purchase only two of the three are on - Dell 19" 1905fp's on either side of this monstrocity - that 30" wide must be all but god like...)

dscn1185.jpg

This sale is for one of those just like in the middle of that setup.

Gaming you say? Why yes - it is rather nice.

You'll need to click this one:

UT2004 at 1920x1200

Ignore the artifacts at the top of the UT screen shot - just some clippage when I took the screeny - not there during gameplay.

Dell 2405 Widescreen LCD Information

Any other info, etc. - give a yell.

-Fk

(edited)

wow nice, didn't mean to call it out, but I take it you were able to hop on the deal :) I tried but alas they were sold out :(

still 700 is still a great deal, just to much for me

Edited by NOFX

Image Aspect Ratio: 16:10 :unsure: that is just wrong...they must mean 16:9...1920x1200...no they mean 16:10...strange...must make watching anything a pain with a 1/2" border on each end or the image stretched...

They also make no mention of its response time on their spec page...I'm saving up for my 42" Hitachi Plasma anyways... :D

GC Board Member
Drools....erm, I'd have hooked all three up as an extended desktop and sold the little ones!!! Wish I had the extra cash to take advantage.

Wish I had the cash to do that as well...

And yeah - fat wallet ftw! - I got lucky and scored three - would have scored more but the coupon locked in at only three and I'm not that lame as to have multiple accounts, etc. - let other folks grab some of the goodness seems a fair thing to do.

-Fk

They also make no mention of its response time on their spec page...I'm saving up for my 42" Hitachi Plasma anyways... :D

yeah they do, right smack dab in the middle, 12 ms.

I'd imagine you wouldn't see much ghosting with that response time.