lots of wierd stuff tonight for me

So i was happily playing on noscope chicago, and suddenly, in the middle of playing and talking, so i know i wasnt lagging out. i got disconnected for a timeout? shots registestered seconds before....

I reconnect and play for about 5 minutes, map changes and we are having fun in the first round of piranesi. I get booted and redirected to another server! I thought that was only when joining you get booted? I looked at the server list and it was 22/25 slots used, and leveler had just joined. Could there have been a wierd bug in the reserved slots system?

Is that normal behaviour? or am i just bugging out today?

The servers are 11vs11, which is 22 players, the other three slots for for reserves. If you join and are the last person to join without a reserve slot and a GC joins you will be booted. You can also be booted when a map is changing.

Okay, now correct me if i am wrong here, i have been a server admin awhile as well, up until CS around the early 1.X's, when i moved and didnt have broadband until around Feb this year.

If the server was 25players, with 3 reserves that would be 11v11 normal players, and the 3 reserves would be for when reserved players joined. since when did it change to 22 of 25 players in, and a reserve joins, it kicks someone, even though the server can still fit two more if that person stayed? whats the point of a 25limit, if it kicks the 22nd person all the time to allow for the reserve.

This especially bugs me, since I know if seen more than 22 people in the server before, i know i have! Another thing i was really wondering was my first question too, since i was active when i was kicked for a timeout, i know thats not a server setup problem (at least i hope not) but i was hoping for some imput on that as well. I was active, and i definatly wasnt lagging like i said earlier. and i was disconnected for a timeout, im really wondering if their wasnt a recent join, and the server had a bug as it searched for the real lagger. Who known, i dont have the source to the engine, and wouldnt wanna deal with it anyways.

Anyways, i cant join GC at this time, becouse i am unemployed. Wish me luck though, a local cell provider is looking to hire me, that would be an AWESOME 17$/hr. Im drooling right now ;)

I had a few days a while back when I'd disconnect due to timeout while playing. It was a complete mystery to me, and then just vanished.

As far as the reserves, the 3 reserved slots will be taken by anyone attempting to connect, and it takes a bit of time for mani to redirect them. I've actually had times when I couldn't get into Immutable even with a reserve for a few minutes because so many were trying to join.

22 = playable slots

3 = not reserve slots, rotation slots. those are used for incoming connections. the server checks to see if 22 playable slots are in use, if yes, it redirects the shortest connection time. you'd only see 25 players 1) if mani was broken or not running or 2) from a game browser. there might be 25 players connecting, but not playing. the server will always level off at 22, even if 22 are gc and and 3 more gc want to join.

just think of it as a 22 player server and it's less confusing.

I think during the first Mortal Combat we were playing with either 24 or 25 for a while. :D

Also if th server shows 25/25, it says server full to everyone, even reserves. That's why the slots need to be kept open.