map fight night!

i've been hearing a lot of "let's play something different" lately. so....let's play something different.

i'm going to add a slot for one more map (custom or stock) in the rotation. this map will change once per week, as decided by you, teh voters. every week, i'll list 3 non-rotating maps plus last weeks pick. if a pick wins three weeks in a row, it earns a spot in our rotation, permanently.

since there is no current pick, 4 non-rotating maps:

cs_kismayo

de_beroth_beta

de_cpl_fire

de_russka

all maps are on the maplist. ask an admin to play it, or vote blindly. either way, vote :)

polls close thursday night 11:59pm sharp.

GC Alumni

i've heard good things about this cs_kismayo. de_kismayo was a well done map, but i haven't played the hostie version of it...yet.

24/7 cs_kismayo on immutable starts tonight @ 5pm and ends @ 9pm (jack bauer time). :lol2:

Hostages are good for money. You get $1000 each for rescuing them, and the CTs get over $5000 for all hostages rescued. Think about the guns they can buy with money like that. Also, to anyone reading, this should be a good incentive not to try to save your gun if you're a T, you'd do better for your team by typing kill in console. $5000+ > ~$3500, x11.

Current day rotation is pretty boring. At night gets a little better. I understand there the popular maps but playing dust, italy, and aztec get old quick especially because there too much of a map advantage. I say add all the maps. My 2 cents.

dEL :D

GC Alumni

:P

tried that once before del, and server traffic took a serious, serious dive. rockthevote is enabled, so is mapvote. once traffic gets back to where it should be, i'll throw in a few more...but nothing too crazy.

Russka is an OK map, but it can get really boring over time. It's a small map, and there are only a few different rush routes. To keep traffic high, Fire would probably be the best choice.

Can we post the maplist on here and have people just vote about which maps they like the best and THEN have the vote to add it to the rotation? As it stands right now I think the best contenders are russka and fire. People seem to feel both are ok maps and I would be inclined to say a few more probably inch towards russka. I do think that Mookie might be right about fire keeping traffic higher.

GC Alumni
Can we post the maplist on here and have people just vote about which maps they like the best and THEN have the vote to add it to the rotation? As it stands right now I think the best contenders are russka and fire. People seem to feel both are ok maps and I would be inclined to say a few more probably inch towards russka. I do think that Mookie might be right about fire keeping traffic higher.
untitled11jt.gif

i've done that in the past, and the 25 maps on the maplist all get 1 vote. this way 4 maps = 1 winner.

don't like it? vote again next week. and you know i'm lame enough to know what maps have been voted on, which maps haven't seen the ballot yet, and which maps i'm never putting up *cough* matrix *cough*

GC Alumni
Sorry to be hater in here SJ, I let my opinions fly a little freely. Appreciate the effort to spice things up a bit.
:shrug03:

i'd rather have you guys hate in here then ingame.

dear diary,

my #1 pet peeve is hearing people complain ingame and not make use of the forums. my #2 pet peeve is witt, but duke is taking care of that.

ps - you're the greatest.

/stutters

(edited)

/calls Lamer Protection Program

w!tt: uh, I need a place to stay for a week.

LPP: again?

w!tt: yeah, I did it again...

Edited by witt

That just creeps me out SJ. I know you were combing the myspace pages of 14 year old girls to get your hands on that. And if you just had it around....even weirder.

GC Alumni
I am seriously freaked out. You two are scary. I have an idea about this map thing. How about nuke. Put nuke in the rotation.
i don't even know where to start looking for an accurate picture for this.

but maybe my web browser is broken. i don't see nuke listed above as an option.

I am seriously freaked out. You two are scary. I have an idea about this map thing. How about nuke. Put nuke in the rotation.

i don't even know where to start looking for an accurate picture for this.

but maybe my web browser is broken. i don't see nuke listed above as an option.

HAHAHAHAHHAH. Juan, you make my work day so much brighter! :luxhello: