Stats Stuff

ScubaDan

As the designated GC Stats Intern, I'm responsible for updating player's stats profiles, clan tags, etc. So if you're having a problem with your clan tag not registering, or you want your real name, email, homepage, or ICQ number included in your GC stats listing please PM me.

Also, if you see an offensive name in the daily awards or in the first couple of pages of the stats, PM me and I'll remove it.

I have a question:

why does my name not pop up in stats?? .... i can only find it in player rankings under "gc" ... then i have to search through ever gc member to get to mine and it won't search under "s|im smi|ey.gc". I didn't have a problem before the change up. ANSWERS??? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

You're the one who chose the freaky name.....gave me issues in the forums at first too.

Also, make sure you don't have real emails up there....at least make sure mine isn't....webcrawlers can find those pages.

Thanks for doing this. Good stuff.

I'd still like to see if the machine can power a seperate set of stats as well.

Hugh? :unsure: you mean like we had before where all of the servers were seperated or a whole different stats script?

I haven't checked on it lately, but I know StormTrooper was working on a new version of psychostats awhile back.

Also, make sure you don't have real emails up there....at least make sure mine isn't....webcrawlers can find those pages.

Your real email is definitely not in there....unless you own a flower shop. I'm guessing that SJ's been having a little stats related fun :)

Hugh? :unsure: you mean like we had before where all of the servers were seperated or a whole different stats script?

I haven't checked on it lately, but I know StormTrooper was working on a new version of psychostats awhile back.

as well

i mean current AND what we had before.

the author of the program told me that it's not possible as limited by the program, not the hardware. then again, between my poor engrish and his native dutch, something may have been lost in the translation. on de_todolist.

btw, running 2 sets (or 1 main, and upto 6 individual server stats) significantly increases the workload for the intern. if we want to stress the stats box, i'm sure i could turn on some of the cool flash and hitbox features...

i think i get what you mean, and it seems like it should be possible. right now the aggregated stats are in /hlstats/ with a database named hlstats.

i should be able to setup individuals like

/immutable/

/recrudsomthing/

/pmayhem/

/discharge/

each with their own database. i don't know nothing about perl on windows, and that's where the issue might come up. we'll see...

I meant a completely seperate instance of the prog running....

I still don't know what you mean. When we set the stats up with Strange the first time. We found out we couldn't run aggregate for all servers and seperate for each at teh same time because of the way it parses the logs real time. Mani or something wouldn't allow it to run two seperate instances of this parser at the same time or something like that. If there was some script that would combine the stats after the fact of the logging it might work. In other words, 1 instance parsing on each server, then once its actually IN the database, finding a way to combine the databases for each server together. I haven't seen that but I haven't done a whole lot of looking.

Is that what you mean?

I didn't think he looked into running two separate instances.

As far as I know, there are 2 options on how to compile the stats. We used to do option 1. Now we do option 2. I was thinking do both separately. I don't know what the requirement for databases is....when we did it before, did it requiere one for each server?

At any rate, I know the program itself can't do both, but didn't know we tried to do it twice.

So what I'm guessing you are saying here is maybe parse the individual stats in "real time" and parse the aggregate stats off of the log files with two separate instances of hlstatsx? That is the only way I can see this working. Looking at the HLstats FAQ I believe that could work based on this:

Q: How can I insert manually log files into the HLstats-ranking?

A: Windows:

Open a command prompt, change into the folder with your logfiles and execute this command:

type *.log | c:\path\to\perl.exe c:\path\to\hlstats.pl --stdin --server-ip 0.0.0.0 --server-port 27015 --timestamp

Linux:

cat ~cstrike/hlds_l/cstrike/logs/* | ./hlstats.pl --server-ip=<ip address> --server-port=<port number> --stdin --timestamp

Substitute your paths, server IP and server port.

We would have to set up a script that would auto ftp the logs from the gameservers to the stats box and then have a script to parse all of those logs.... It could be done, not sure how much stress it would put on the box, but definately looks like it could be done. If we did this, I would only update the aggregates say once a day early in the morning when there would be less coming in from the realtime stats.

something changed last night I was at 97 people that I have shot more than 5 times I was excited to get near 100 now today its at 82 and my rounds at being t or ct went from 182 for each side to 174 for each side? I always auto select and am amazed at how it puts me at either side 50% of the time!

did some rounds get erased or is it recording differently now?

just curious thats all..... really not that big of a deal to me

nothing changed from last night to this morning. i actually checked earlier, and it was still processing everything. infact, the only changes that have been made in the past week are:

dropping the bomb: -2 to 0

Spawn with the bomb: from 2 to 0

Touched a hostage: 0 to 2

start defusing with kit: from 0 to 2

start defusing w/o kit: from 0 to 2

and this was about a week or so ago.