de_cpl_strike_b1

mookie

Just happened to be looking at the server browser today and noticed a few servers running de_cpl_strike_b1 (London DL site worked for me). I was surprised to see that this map has been out for months now; I've never seen it before. I walked through and it looks great despite a couple (few) missing textures. Not HDR, but it almost looks as though it is, especially the sweet effects on some of the windows.

I've never played Strike on 1.6, but this map looks like a good one. Seems to have at least 3 or 4 rush routes.

GC Alumni
ya they made it for cal, its the beta version, the final version should be out within a week they say

Now I feel like I just wasted time noting the missing textures and visible nodraw for the mapper. :bang: Anyway I'd love to see this map get at least a few trial runs. It looks complex enough for decent pub play.

:bang:

you guys used the forbidden letters: cpl and cal. it'll never fly.

Aren't Mill and Fire already cruising?

GC Alumni
pfft. barely limping. mill and fire go over GREAT with the right crowd, but have always been a liability in rotation.

Mill has done well on Mayhem for quite a while; I can't comment on the tastes of those So-cal wussbags. :biglaugha:

Anyways Strike looks a lot more interesting than Fire.

GC Alumni
What about this de_villa map, anyone heard of that?

Rotated on Recrudescence. I joined but had to DL the map from server, then got an IM about a project, forgot CS:S was even connected to a server, and eventually got kicked by console. :lol2: From what few comments I've heard it's good.

GC Alumni

http://www.gotfrag.com/css/files/251/

It looks like it came out last August... but are they still working on it?

I think that was a different version of the map by a different map maker, although I'm not completely sure. Its hard to tell whats going on in the cal forums between all the flaming and the actual posts. Should be out soon though!

According to HL2, that is not a valid BSP file. Someone probably just posted the CS map in the CS:S forums.

mookie did you get de_strike yet? i just made a nav and am going to up it to the server(s), but again, nothing is labeled on the radar.

you can add those to the nav (attached as .zip)....right?

CAL apparently started drinking early. on top of the 4 invalid spawn points, M2 msg'd something about a "recompiled" map coming out later...today, tomorrow, who knows.

whoever said that crap about the early bird and the worm needs to take a hike.

btw....yoink!

de_strike.jpg

GC Alumni

Based on the compile time, I guess they started drinking some time around 4:00 this morning.

Anyways, a choosing maps like this makes me think CAL must have some grudge against ATi and nVidia. That is, until I notice gems like these:

destrike00006kx.th.jpg

destrike00052ef.th.jpg

destrike00032wb.th.jpg

It's almost as though they think something bad would happen if they put a VIS blocker underneath the stairs. That last one is priceless though, it's a single VIS leaf that contains all of bombsite A. If you're standing anywhere in it, the entire middle area, most of CTSpawn, and quite a few distant rooftops are all rendered. := Someone get these guys Norguard's phone number quick.