sound card and such

Z3RO

(edited)

so i want to upgrade from intagrated sound. i plan on using my comp as an entertainment center basicly to watch movies tv exetera so i want good sound. also want to no wut u guys recomend as far as wut to hook up to the sound card, u no speakers and such.

Edited by Z3RO

HEY! Quit ripping me off. I bought the same card and the 155's, and they're a great choice. There's a world of difference between the onboard sound and the xfi xtreme music card. Oh, and I only need to "air out" my ears once every 4 hours or so.

Go with the choice endorsed by VooDooPC and Unclean ©. You can't go wrong. :)

you'll be extremely happy with any x-fi card you purchase. i just bought the xtreme music for a client and it's completely new compared to my platinum. it's got a heatsink and a ton more capacitors so i'm guessing they've already made some improvements since mine came out.

do you guys notice an increase in FPS with this sound card or what?

Back in 2002, I ordered a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, I didn't really notice much sound difference in sound, but I remember at the time, it took alot of stress off the CPU thus increasing my FPS, since then I have been using the same card. So what advantages are you looking at with this sound card?

Yeah the days of audio processing getting in the way of game processing are more or less behind us...I use a Logitech USB headset with a built in sound card (because I use an M-Audio 2496 for music production) which uses a lot more processing than a typical pci based card, but with my AMD 64 3500+ I don't really notice the diff. ...I assume anything under a 3000+ would start to chug with my set up...and I run everything on medium on accound of my 9800 agp so that factors in as well