Crap on a crap cracker

Flitterkill

This thing being delayed so many times sure is frustrating.

But knowing epic and the thrill of UT2004 they must be planning on knocking everyones socks off.

From the looks of the demos I saw it sure looks like a hole different kind of game play.

Oh well, I need more practice in ut2k4 anyway.

noooooooo.jpg

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that unclean is authorized to access the document requested. Either unclean supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or unclean's browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I can stand a few delays, but I will be really worried when they change the name to UT2k8.

SPEAK NO MORE LIKE THAT.

It will still be 2k7... it will still be 2k7...

I guess there goes the plan for the November video upgrade too.

Gah.... how many more months of 2k4 and arcticstronghold am I gonna have to put up with? I'm gonna take up basket weaving

C'mon Wentz - we know you like it. We know you can do it... :biglaugha:

Yep...now I'm gonna have to have 5 more beers to get that disappointment outta my head.

Lameage.

Although, I had my suspicions, b/c I am sure they are going to want to take advantage of some of the DX10 technology if they can...That is going to be released with Vista at the end of 2006.

I hear you on artic stronghold...

You know what would make me feel better? All new maps everyday on Nepenthe...NEVER SETTLE! Never get complacent! That's the solution...

new maps everyday....GO!

How about alt. node configurations...

-Fk

Just as long as there aren't any maps with 349843978 nodes. There's a map in the rotation right now like that... it's ridiculous.

I like Tek's idea too - all new maps. <jumps on flitter's map-loading manta gogogo!>

Wait a minute.... I thought Wentz liked knitting? :unsure::unsure::lol2:

By the way... Does anyone have any idea what kind of video set up one will need for UT2K7?

Whas just wondering?????

No one will be able to tell you 'for sure' ..but the graphics are a big step up from 2k4 it seems, but then again the devs are masters at creating engines, The UT2k4 engine was about a full year ahead of most other engines on the market and the graphics were pretty crazy, beyond that it actually ran really good.

I think a GeForce 6800 or the ATI Equiv will probably suffice for 'average play' .. but to get all the bells and whistles you'll want a 7800 or the ATI Equiv.

Im guessing it will look like Oblivion, but take less resources, since that engine was coded so poorly.

GC Board Member
Just as long as there aren't any maps with 349843978 nodes. There's a map in the rotation right now like that... it's ridiculous.

Bah - just play Silva when the map is full - plenty fun - first three nodes nearest the core build in 60% time as well (plus fun new scorpions)

I'd give ya some cheese to go with that whine but I'm saving for a down payment for a house so screw ya :crazy::)

AS, Sev (maybe) and Dria for alt.node treatment - Frostbite has another node config with two extra nodes (those lockers in the boonies on that map aren't there for decoration) but not sure how that plays.

Load up UT and do some instant games with those maps - let me know which of the alt node configs you guys would prefer. I have to write this stuff in manually to the config file - can't just select from webadmin so thats why haven't done this b4.

-Fk