Viewsonic LCD Monitor

Lunk

haha i've been playing in windowed mode at 1368x768 or whatever it is. it's the highest widescreen it'll let me play. anyway it's pretty sweet. seems like you see a lot more plus i can see my msn windows and stuff. alt-tabbing takes like no time. mostly i like the widescreenness.

I am thinking about this exact monitor. The only complaint I have is that some games (Older games) don't support that resolution. This makes me want to play it safe and go with a 19" normal aspect LCD.

or you could just set in the drivers to make it keep it's aspect ratio when in full screen. you'll have black bars down the sides of your widescreen monitor but the image won't be stretched. i do this on my laptop as it's 15.4 inch widescreen as well the 6600go can't really support games in the lcd's native res.

at this point i would only recommend a widescreen monitor to someone looking for more spreadsheet space, someone who watches movies a lot, or someone that plays games where the widescreen resolutions are supported.

at this point i would only recommend a widescreen monitor to someone looking for more spreadsheet space, someone who watches movies a lot, or someone that plays games where the widescreen resolutions are supported.

It also comes in very handy when doing photo editing, movie editing, CAD, GIS, and graphics.

do you ever really need to get better than 8ms response time? like 2ms or such?

I wouldn't think of it that more important or making a difference. The average human eye doesn't notice a difference past about 23ms, I think.

do you ever really need to get better than 8ms response time? like 2ms or such?

I wouldn't think of it that more important or making a difference. The average human eye doesn't notice a difference past about 23ms, I think.

well i can tell a difference between a crt and an lcd with 8ms response time. never tried less but i couldn't stand 8ms for more then a minute.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

As I stated before, I use a 20-inch widescreen and it is light years better than my 19 inch CRT. It has 800:1 Contrast Ratio and 8mn response time and I do not see any shadowing at all in CSS or any other game I've played. I play at a steady 60 fps and it looks and plays better than my crt did at 100 fps steady. Cleaner, better shadowing, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys /wave

Lunk, have u had any success with the monitor? Recently, the 21inch crt I bought is starting to go I think...the blue microsoft bar at the bottom is starting to distort color and look purple and last night my screen became really messed up and tilted.

I looked at the 3 monitors posted from newegg everyone posted here and each one looks just as nice, While I'm used to the 21inch, going down 2 inchs won't hurt me for a high quality LCD monitor.

I've had a viewsonic CRT before I bought the 21inch crt and never really had problems with it so I'm sure its pretty good quality.

Are there any other suggestions? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116375

Thats a 2ms monitor, costs more, Why? I'm sort of nooby at the monitor thing.

Also, those are all 19in, are there any larger LCD's that are good money for quality? 20 or 21in possibly, I'm sure they are equally as more expensive but just curious as to if there are any other decent LCD's out, time to get rid of the CRT.

Tek, I've been real happy with the Viewsonic 19" Widescreen so far. I got the 8ms response time. I've hooked it up using the dvi cable. Went into video settings for CSS and changed the aspect to 16:10 and resolution to 1440x900.

This thing is HUGE compared to the 17" CRT I was using.

I would highly recommend this one.

BTW, I bought mine from zipzoomfly. I've had better luck with their shipping and their prices on shipping things overnight are about half of what newegg charges. :D

Tek, I've been looking a bit lately as I'd like a companion WS to go with my LCD (same model as Lunk's) in my dual monitor setup. I was thinking about pulling my 19 and moving to a couple fo 20 or 21s but there is that huge price jump I have found so far. Seems like the 19" WSs are going for between 200 and 300 and if you want to go bigger is like a min 600 or so if I remember correctly. Lunk is right though, this LCD feels really big compared to even my 19" 4:3 CRT.

I splurged and ordered the 20.1 Widescreen model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116381

I figured I would go the extra 100 bucks and get the larger model...I saw it in compusa and was awed at the quality of the LCD. Went ahead and ordered it this morning so hopefully I'll get it Wednesday.

As always thanks for the insight from everyone, still miss playing with everyone =|