Anyone still playing?

anonymo

I ask if anyone is still playing because I'm not. It's too much! When I get home from work I think about playing for a while, load it up, remember how it's so much like a second job and quit! :biglaugha: Seriously, anyone else out there tired of the enormousness of it yet? It's just too daunting to go on! I'm going to wait until I build my new puter and get my 24" WS...that should bring me back...

It kind of seemed bland (the missions) after I did the story and beat The Brotherhood. The Thieves guild was kind of lame as well as the Fighters Guild. I'm not sure I'll be going back to that game anytime soon... I got GW. Still trying to beat that without four tanks going out at a time.

Preacher and I just did some trading, so I got his copy and will give Oblivion a shot here for a while. I did a lot of D&D RP as a kid, then when Might and Magic (anyone remember that?) came out, I played that on my 486. Hopefully, the experience is as immersive as they say...I need something to suck up my summer free hours.

Preacher and I just did some trading, so I got his copy and will give Oblivion a shot here for a while. I did a lot of D&D RP as a kid, then when Might and Magic (anyone remember that?) came out, I played that on my 486. Hopefully, the experience is as immersive as they say...I need something to suck up my summer free hours.

Word of warning... don't complete the main quest right away. If you do, you might get bored of it like I did...

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished the main quest (yeah I bought the game only a couple of months ago). Quick stats:

Battlemage level 34

playtime 110 hours

quests completed 58

fame 91

creatures killed 1159 / people killed 420

places found 108

Oblivion gates shut 14

Totally great game from start to finish, one of the best RPGs IMO. I don't know if my playtime is right. Many times I would just pause the game and make dinner and what not. I don't know if those 30-60 minute pauses add with real play time.

Great game, if that kind of game appeals to you. Not for everyone, for sure. I enjoy it, but the sheer size is intimidating and I find many times that when I'm looking to play a game for even an hour or two, I'll pass it up because I feel like even in that amount of time I might not accomplish anything. In that way, it can be pretty frustrating at times.