no damage from jumps

mscoles

I was in spectate mode on an <SM> server last night and a player went off the upper level of Aztec into the water with no damage. When I did it, I suffered 40 damage.

Is there a cheat for this that people use? When I pointed it out to the player, he gave me some lame excuse that it was 'plastics'.

That was my thought. Jumping into water vs. jumping onto land.
hey, on a sidenote duke, if a duct taped body falls in the water and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a noise (assuming the mouth is also duct taped)?

If you fall and land in water of any depth I think you take no damage. This is why people don't die from fall damage on ka_airdop2 unless they land on a player or a banana. Aim for the water on Aztec and you'll find that even if you jump up before you go you won't get hurt.

hey, on a sidenote duke, if a duct taped body falls in the water and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a noise (assuming the mouth is also duct taped)?

Only rookies make noises during...deposits. Dunno. All my transactions are quiet.

land in deep enough water?

Yes, any amount of water at all = no damage from any height.

Unrealistic, but not a cheat.

I think that you can also reduce damage on certain jumps by holding crouch while in the air, then releasing just before you hit the ground. That may be 1.6 though.

I don't know about the crouch thing, but you just need to land in the water and not on one of the hills/bumps that are all over the water in Aztec

Just gotta watch where you land. I occaisionally land on one of those instead of in teh water myself

That was my thought. Jumping into water vs. jumping onto land.

Is the duct taped body Alive or Dead? Cause if its Alive then he/she would hear it.. :)

Depth of water makes a difference. Land in shallow water, it hurts. Land in deep water (more than ankle deep) and there's no damage.

No, it doesn't. If you fall from any height and land in water, it will not hurt you.

GC Alumni
(edited)

With the graphic settings on my config, my water has like a whiteish color to it. Makes it alot easier to see what is water and what isn't at that last second jump off from aztec. Have never lost health when landing in water no matter what height I jumped from.

Edited by JackieChan