Conroe

Laz.e.rus

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the item you are looking for has been deactivated. Here are some similar products that you may wish to consider:

We have found 0 items that match your search criteria "19-115".

pricing can be seen here:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2795&p=2

one things for sure, i'll buying my first ever intel cpu this fall. that E6600 looks mighty fine. check out xbits review using hl2:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/displ...o-e6300_11.html

they oc my cpu to 3ghz (i'm only at 2.8) and that thing kills at only 2.9. anand oced the e6600 to 4ghz on air... plus my bigtyphoon should fit s775 np.

My new rig is going to be an Intel setup. At least it will be if the processor I got for it isn't dead. The thing keeps giving me problems and after testing the parts it's most likely the cause. Might get one of these if that is the problem.

(edited)
the e6800 extreme was listed. And....it got yanked?!?! Wow, wonder who dropped the ball that hard!? lol

BTW, it was .... get ready and hold onto something:

$1359 USD

:o Thought it was gonna be up there.

Btw - when OCing the e6600, how much will it sound like a dustbuster? I'm looking forward to seeing how

everyone else does with OCing, but since I now have 3 939 mobos, I gues it will be time to build the

honking big server (with 1TB Raid 5). After all - wait a while and prices should fall, right?

Side note: Too bad AMD won't be dropping the price of the Opterons...

And to think I "upgraded" 6 months ago. It goes to show you that you can't believe what anyone says

nowadays. Needless to say - the silly thing cost so much when I upgraded that I have to keep it for a

while...

Edited by Dingy

dustbuster? they're supposed to run cooler than amd under load. plus my bigtyphoon should work without a problem.

btw, just so you guys know. intel is only planning to be at ~20% production of these through the fall. meaning that 80% of the chips they are making will still be the old crappy ones. also, they will be extremely hard to get and expensive to boot. expect dell and the other big names to get most of these.

expect dell and the other big names to get most of these.

apple

apples main desktop line on new intel chips will be this chip so im sure dell/apple will get the majority of them.

I wanna build a decent amd machine once these come out, the prices are gonna drop dramatically

dustbuster?

Yeah - as in sounds like. You did say aircooling, right? :D

Even though they should run cooler, how will they perform when they are OCed?

Probably pretty well. The 2x2mb cache and the lower temps will help out quite a bit, I think.

temps should be comparable to current a64s.

kruten, technically it's not 2x2mb anymore on conroe as it's shared between the cores. 1 core could be using 3mb while the other uses 1mb and so on...

temps should be comparable to current a64s.

kruten, technically it's not 2x2mb anymore on conroe as it's shared between the cores. 1 core could be using 3mb while the other uses 1mb and so on...

That's why it showed as straight up 4mb on the Anandtech link.

Im thinkin thats where all the speed is coming from too. Cujo and I discovered that I can match some of his benches with a lower clock speed and smaller vid card simply because of my 2mb vs his 1 L2 cache.

This shows a bright future to me tho!!

If this is a fact ( 4mb cache being most of their speed increase) , AMD should be able to match that in at least come fashion relatively easily.

haha laz, as an amd fan i wish that were true. the only reason they have so much cache is cause they need it for better memory latency. the memory controller is still on the northbridge. yes that big cache helps in games but look at encoding benches where cache is hardly a factor and amd is still getting crushed. intel has 4mb cache (2x2mb) in all their pentium d cores now and they're still awful.