Pick Up Games

Raw-C

Show of interest  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

Now that I've got a partner in crime (aMnesiac), we'd like to start trying to get a pickup game going every week or 2. Probably something like 7 on 7 or whatever team size is decided upon. Wanted to see what the general interest level was among the .gc'ers to see if we needed to include the general populace to make this a reality or not.

Probably set it up for a weekday. Wednesdays and Fridays aren't the best for us so we wanted your guys' opinions on which day if you'd like to attend.

Team captains would be selected a few days in advance based on signups and volunteers. They would select their teams from the list of signups. The map will be announced at the same time the captains are chosen. 30 rounds will be played, 15 on each team. Going to start with just 1 map being played, if this thing takes off and people want to make the match last longer we can figure that out later.

Any questions or suggestions, send me or aMnesiac a PM or post in this thread.

Thanks!

what's a pickup game?

Its mostly along the same lines as a scrim---like a get together for anyone just to play in a competition style enviorment. Would like to play but It would be on a what day is it thing. On 2 teams now and trying to keep things up to speed with them. But ya, would be nice to play. :peace:

If you want y'all are always welcome to jump into the GC TWL practices...I don't know if we have room on the roster right now, but we can always use some extra bodies at practice.

What server are you guys planning on doing this with? I'm available

for this kind of stuff fairly often, but I have to keep the GC TWL team

in mind. If your planning on using the GC private server, you'll have

to work around their schedule.

I was discussing events like this in the LACC where I said that we could bump our private server back up to large if we had some organized events each month. This would definitely count in that catagory.

Run with it guys! GJ!

(edited)

come to think of it, the private server might be a good idea. originally we were going to see if we could use the west coast server, but i don't know if we would want to shut down traffic for a couple hours one night a week. who could we talk to about the sched. for the gc twl team? any opinions on which server we should use?

Edited by aMnesiac

come to think of it, the private server might be a good idea. originally we were going to see if we could use the west coast server, but i don't know if we would want to shut down traffic for a couple hours one night a week. who could we talk to about the sched. for the gc twl team? any opinions on which server we should use?

You could talk to me about GC TWL schedules :) I don't think shutting

down one of the servers is a good idea, nor do I think it will fly.

If we can get enough to fill out the teams with gc, then I'd love to use private parts since it'd just be easier.

If the interest isn't high enough, we were going to see about bringing the pub regs into it if they wanted. And if that ended up being the case, I wasn't sure if non gc were allowed on private parts.

Anyway, we've currently only got 9 votes, so I'm guessing 10 or 12 interested so far. If theres anybody else you all can think of that would want to do this, have them drop by this post so we can start hashing out more details and get this thing off the ground.

You could talk to me about GC TWL schedules :) I don't think shutting

down one of the servers is a good idea, nor do I think it will fly.

i used to play tribes 2 religously, and a team would post up in irc that they were hosting a PU for a night. people would join and have a lot of fun. it was better than a pub, not as serious as a match and the competition was great.

thanks for the info way, raw and i will pm you for the schedule and work around the twl matches/practices. btw, all this talk about the twl team makes me want to play competitively again... gah! curse you! hehe :lol2:

so people if you see this thread and think you'd be interested... vote, post up and we'll get this started. from my experience, it can be a lot of fun and a great way to get to know people that you play with from time to time. :D

I'd be interested depending on the time. Since it's a weeknight, if starts after 10:00 EST ( 7:00 PST ), I'd have to decline ( gotta get my beauty sleep :) ). If you decide at some point to do it Friday or Saturday, then I can be available for a couple of extra hours till say 12:00 EST ( 9:00 PST ).