Need some WindowsXP help Please!

Batman

(edited)

Fresh install of XP on a older machine, AthlonXP 2500+ on a Abit NF7-S2G mobo w/ 1gig pc3200.. I intalled and got SP1 on it, but the NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge under the device manager says "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" So I cant install the video card drivers !!! ARG!!

Anyone ever have this problem and can help me out???

Edited by Batman

(edited)
hmmm... thats what you get for using SP2. hahah

sorry cant help ya man

Im driving to your house to give you a good spanking... Only helping posts please.. :)

Oh wait its only on SP1 right now..

Edited by Batman

Try removing all PCI cards and just have the AGP card in and see if that works.

2 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12) Two devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device (for example, if a universal serial bus (USB) controller does not get an interrupt from the BIOS because of a corrupt Multiprocessor System (MPS) table).

You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

Fresh install of XP on a older machine, AthlonXP 2500+ on a Abit NF7-S2G mobo w/ 1gig pc3200.. I intalled and got SP1 on it, but the NVIDIA nForce2 AGP Host to PCI Bridge under the device manager says "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" So I cant install the video card drivers !!! ARG!!

After installing WinXP did ya install chipset drivers before trying to install vid card drivers? That would be my guess. nvidia.com

Code 12

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Recommended resolution

Two devices have been assigned the same I/O ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel (either by the BIOS, the operating system, or a combination of the two). This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device (for example, if a universal serial bus (USB) controller is not an interrupt from the BIOS because of a corrupted Multiprocessor System (MPS) table).

You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device. On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

this is what microsoft had on their website

After installing WinXP did ya install chipset drivers before trying to install vid card drivers? That would be my guess. nvidia.com

Yeah I did HWarrior.. Thanks Bullet and W8t4time.. NOFX, I think thats the 20th time youve talked about a Flux Capacitor in 20 different threads, I REALLY think you have a personal problem man.. :)

hmmm... thats what you get for using SP2. hahah

sorry cant help ya man

I'd just like to point out that Batty put SP1 on there (at least in the orig. post) so this is obviously NOFX trolling looking to slander our lovable SP2...WHEN WILL THE HURTING STOP NOFX!!!??? WHEEEEN???

haha I just like to give Batman a hard time.... do I really talk about flux capacitors alot? I guess I need to stop that.. man I have 4,000+ posts and have no idea what I have said in the past... well its good to know the majority of my posts are still in the hardware forum even though I was more active in the politcal forum for the past two years..

haha

Aug 3 2006, 10:39 AM

i would upgrade my flux capacitor.. that one from 1985 is getting a little shakey

yes I did mention that flux capacitor earlier this month.. well, it was like 5 days ago and I dont remember doing it. yay for useless posts. Anyway kids.. don't forget to check the oil seals on your flux capacitors

Ok I finally solved the problem.. And no one here will EVER guess what the problem was, so Ill tell you.. The graphics card that my wife has been using is a Kyro2 4500 from Hercules, and the Kyro2 4500 is 2xAGP.. The mobo only handles 4x and 8x agp.. That was the problem, so I put my old Radeon 9700pro and it works like a charm...