Any fantasy/sci-fi readers out there?

Allanon

Do you include vampire books in this category...? If so, yes. I am slowly making my way through the Anne Rice ones. Next up is Queen of the Damned.

:shrug03:

I read all those... the first few are really good, they get a bit... odd towards the last couple. Memnoch the devil was pretty good though.

Do you include vampire books in this category...? If so, yes. I am slowly making my way through the Anne Rice ones. Next up is Queen of the Damned.

:shrug03:

I read all those... the first few are really good, they get a bit... odd towards the last couple. Memnoch the devil was pretty good though.

Eventually get around to the Vampire Chronicles too.

i am on the fifth bock of the dark tower has a little bit of everything i like it alot so far.

the dark tower series is great

i got to the third one, then crapped out

Dude you should pick it up again. The dark tower series is so so so good. Plus if you read other S King books all of em pretty much tie into the series... pretty sweet how it works out. I am going to start a thread discussing what some of the Tower stuff means and how people interperated it at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read some here some there, read some Dark Towers, Shannara series, some Ann Rice. Man can she write some hot stuff ;) I'm still trying to find a way to finish Lasher. One of my favorite author right now is Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. In my opinion is the best!

Anyone else love fantasy, sci-fi books?

Yah.

Some books I've loved that I consider s/f (I lump horror into here as well)

Song of Ice and Fire series (George RR Martin)

Ender's Game/Speaker for the Dead (Orson Scott Card)

I've heard most of the books in the Ender/Bean world are pretty good

Hyperion/The Fall Of Hyperion/Endymion/The Rise of Endymion (Dan Simmons)

I haven't read these in a while but I remember really liking them

Dark Tower series (Steven King)

I'm really not a huge king fan, but I really liked the series (book 1 was a little weak though)

Swan Song (Robert R McCammon)

I really remember enjoying many of his books, again, I haven't read him in ages

The Diamond Age (Neal Stephenson)

Also, Snow Crash, and Cryptonomicon (sp?) I REALLY liked all of these books. I haven't

been able to get much traction into the quicksilver books though

American Gods (Neil Gaiman)

This book and the related book "The Anansi Boys" were both really neat. A very interesting

take on legend, myth, and modern society.

I've read the first few books out of the Robert Jordan series. It's OK. They just feel needlessly long and

lacking focus

Sadly, I don't really have the time to read as much as I once did. I spend a ton of time reading for work and when I get home I'm generally pretty braindead. However, I do listen to books driving to and from work (unabridged only) . If any of you like audiobooks and have an iPod I HIGHLY reccomend audible. For around 20 bucks a month you get 2 audio books per month. They have a very good selection of sf/f

Edited by -=SKArface=-