Is it still against the rules to kill hostages?

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

I was kicked awhile back by Lunk for "intentionally killing a hostage" on cs_italy even though I did not kill any hostages purposely. I was shot through a hostage (he intentionally killed the hostage to get me) by Lunk tonight and unfortunately, there was nothing I could do against him. How am I supposed to fight back against an admin that breaks rules to kill me in that kind of a situation? Is that not unfair or unethical perhaps?

Edited by ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
If a hostage is killed in a firefight, it's no big deal. Nothing about the situation sounds even remotely unfair or unethical. No need to "fight back."

How can you say it's not unfair or unethical? I was booted for the same exact thing (even though I did not do kill hostages intentionally) by Lunk not too long ago. Yet Lunk does it to me and he gets off scott free. Does that jar anyones noggin?

Edited by ash-

I wasn't there when you were kicked, so I don't know what happened. But you were kicked, not banned. It was probably a warning. From what you described, Lunk didn't do anything wrong in the most recent situation.

To be honest, I doubt you would be posting if someone else had killed a hostage to get to you. I know you and Lunk have bumped heads before, so this thread probably has more to do with a personal problem than the clarity of rules.

But, as I said before, the kick was probaly a warning. The situation may have been a misunderstanding. However, there's no reason to hold a grudge.

Back to the question that is the title of this thread: When hosties are killed in the heat of battle make me sad :puppy_dog_eyes:, but it happens, and usually there's no action taken by admins. Killing hosties intentionally is against the rules, and is grounds for a kick or ban.

So if your question is actually whether killing hosties is against the rules, then yes. But if your question is about how to handle a relationship with another player, I would say don't hold a grudge about a kick.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
I wasn't there when you were kicked, so I don't know what happened. But you were kicked, not banned. It was probably a warning. From what you described, Lunk didn't do anything wrong in the most recent situation.

To be honest, I doubt you would be posting if someone else had killed a hostage to get to you. I know you and Lunk have bumped heads before, so this thread probably has more to do with a personal problem than the clarity of rules.

But, as I said before, the kick was probaly a warning. The situation may have been a misunderstanding. However, there's no reason to hold a grudge.

Back to the question that is the title of this thread: When hosties are killed in the heat of battle make me sad :puppy_dog_eyes:, but it happens, and usually there's no action taken by admins. Killing hosties intentionally is against the rules, and is grounds for a kick or ban.

So if your question is actually whether killing hosties is against the rules, then yes. But if your question is about how to handle a relationship with another player, I would say don't hold a grudge about a kick.

I actually have a video and a demo of what he did. He intentionally killed a hostage by shooting through it to kill me. This is the same thing he accused me of doing and kicked me for. Ironic huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liaiDPvCumU

Notice that I did not fire a shot. How can I fight back against him if I have to break the rules by shooting through the hostie? He can boot me for it but I can do nothing to him when he does it. Unfair and unethical is what it is.

If you would like to see the demo let me know.

Edited by ash-

Hiding behind a hostage isn't breaking a rule, and killing a hostage in a fire-fight is just part of the game. Seems like this might have been a misunderstanding.

If this is bothering you ash, maybe you should try to settle this with Lunk through pm's or other means.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Hiding behind a hostage isn't breaking a rule, and killing a hostage in a fire-fight is just part of the game. Seems like this might have been a misunderstanding.

If this is bothering you ash, maybe you should try to settle this with Lunk through pm's or other means.

He did this stunt twice during the same game, unfortunately I only caught the first time on demo. If killing a hostage in a fire-fight is part of the game then why did Lunk kick me for allegedly killing a hostage intentionally in the same situation? If it is allowed to shoot through hostages (intentionally killing them in the process) in order to kill someone hiding behind them then I'd like to know. This is exactly what Lunk accused me of doing and erroneously kicked me for. It is also exactly what he did the other night in the server.

mmk.

I have been told by many already that I really suck at PR, so, Ill prolly sound rude. I can live with that, but Ill do my best.

You got kicked a while back. For the sake of argument, lets jsut "assume" lunk screwed up in that kick.

Best way I can put it:

Sorry, but tough luck. GC servers are run by people. People make mistakes, and have good and bad days. On the happy side, it was a kick and not a ban ( jsut today I banned the wrong person by admin- misfire....it happens). If it wasnt a mistake:

Well,

obviously, you are back in the server and having fun. If Lunk didnt want it that way, you wouldnt be there. Plain and simple.

If you are looking for retribution, Ill rpomise to kick lunk once for ya next time I see him, hows that? :)

If you wanna see him punished after the fact for shooting through a hostie you used as a meatshield, not gonna happen.

In a nutshell, this is all pretty pointless. You havent even stated what goal you are pursuing.

In answer to the title:

yup.

Im truly sorry you got kicked for what you felt was a bad call. But you have to remember, our servers are the way they are because we patrol them as hard as we do. Mistakes will happen. Consider it a personal sacrifice to be on the some of the best servers you can find.

Im closing this thread as it is leading nowhere else positive that I can see, the single word answer to the whole thing ( yup), and its 2 day age.

If you would like to work something out, Id recommend taking it to PMs.

Relax, enjoy the GC servers, and happy fraggin.

I opened this back up. We need to get this squashed. I understand this between lunk and ash, but this kind of gameplay that shouldn't happen through community members. Ash, i know you're a better player than to use hosties for a meatshield, that's just cheap IMO. Forcing someone to shoot around hosties so you have an upper advantage. Be a man! Stand on your own and take/hand out a beating... The kick may have been alittle unjust, but it's a kick.. Heck i can't count the number of times i've been kicked from GC servers.. (Admins are not immune) Most of you know i get alittle hot headed during the game, and sometimes i need alittle boot to the bottom to get my head on straight. Don't take it personally, it will ruin the game.

Thanks, I'm flattered that you would take the time to demo me. :D

Thanks again for confirming my thoughts that you were on a witch hunt against me. Otherwise why would you be making a demo of me? :peace:

I closed it Mag. He apparently doesn't like me or my style of admining. So now he's on a witch hunt. When he left the other night, I told the folks on my team that he would probably post up about what happened. He wants my head on a spike. Sorry not gonna happen.