Dead Rising

Thief_Lord

It's fun...but it can be pretty frustrating if you've been playing for an hour or two, just killed some clown only to get engulfed by zombies on your way to the bathroom after emptying both handguns and your uzi...

It's fun...but it can be pretty frustrating if you've been playing for an hour or two, just killed some clown only to get engulfed by zombies on your way to the bathroom after emptying both handguns and your uzi...

BAH, never use a gun on a zombie (excpt maybe a shotgun) Get a katana, or (great Weapon) Break an manikin and us the body/head part as a weapon.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll wait until its out for PS3, by the time PS3 comes out the exclusive thing with Microsoft should run out and if they decide to port it.

Neg...no PS3...Capcom's CEO Hiroshi Tobisawa has stated that his development team was completely alienated (like many other development teams) by Sony's PS3 developer kit and that Capcom is extremly happy with the 360 after their first two releases did better than they had ever anticipated (Dead Rising and StreetFighterII). So much so that I have read articles saying that Capcom is leaning toward complete exclusivity with MS on Resident Evil V now that Sony is not only making a feeble launch of the PS3 for christmas (only 500,000 units to the US) but they are also ditching the entire EU until March...MARCH! and only 100,000 units for Japan? Are they nuts? The PS3 better do dishes or something...I don't know...make Sushi...else it's doomed

Boy I feel like a fanboy...but I was going to buy the PS3 until all the blue ray problems started and I saw actual gameplay footage and heard all the upset developers going on and on about how much of a pain it was to develope games for the thing...not to mention $700 CDN pricetag for the base system...if I could find one before March...

Will this game ever be released for the PC?

Highly doubt this one.

I mean, look at RE4. That was suppose to be on the PC back in May. It still isn't. :bang:

Yeah I've been waiting for that too...come on Ubisoft!!! Hurrrrry!

Something tells me that they're just going to scrap the port... although they SHOULDN'T. Ugh, I'd like to have this game for the PC...

I myself am looking into foraying into the console field again. I was really trying to be responsible and only pay for one gaming platform, but there are several games that either (1) never make it to the PC or (2) are such horrible ports from console versions that I feel compelled to blow the wad on a 360. Hopefully they do get full backwards compatibility...

And so close to Wii launch...

*bump*

Well, I played the Dead Rising demo...what am I missing? I know you don't get the story line, but what else is going on in the game that's not in the demo? Basically, I ran around smashing zombies with anything I could find for a half hour or so. It was entertaining...for about a half hour or so. Then, it was just smash zombies, smash zombies. Do the missions add an extra dimension to the game? Is the story good? My impression was that it's a stripped down GTA (no cars, simplistic missions, etc.).

Oh, and tell me more about the camera. I'm intrigued: It's a beautiful game, and I want to really like it, but I'm afraid it will get old quickly.

It's basically a survival horror. The demo doesn't really give you a taste of what the game is actually like. In the full game you have 72 hours to uncover the mystery of the zombies while trying to save survivors trapped in the mall and dealing with psychopaths who are going on rampages throughout the mall. Comparing it to GTA is unusual as it is nothing like it at all...I'm unsure of where you came up with that...maybe because it's in thrid person? Anyways, it's a lot like Resident Evil 4 (as it's made by Capcom) in terms of gameplay.

Never played RE4, but I did want to try it. I'm sorry it's unusual, but honestly, it felt like a stripped-down GTA style game for me. Perhaps I can say I thought the controls were a tad more fluid and the zombies looked cool, if that will make peace. Since I had heard how awesome it was, I figured I must have missed the greater scope of things by only playing the demo.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to malign it as a ripoff, really, so much as say the game has the same control feel and 3rd-person slaughterfest appeal. I don't think that's a bad thing, at least not "ZOMG another GTA teh suck!!!". Also, it came off as very comedic and chintzy in the demo, not something I normally associate with replay value.

My main concern was that the demo seemed really, well...simplistic. I enjoy smashing evildoers, or at least ne'er-do-wells, such as zombies, but that can only yield so much entertainment. I wanted to make sure there was more to it...you know, like people you can fight with / against. That's a big deal. I happen to like the horror survival genre, as well, and have liked every Resident Evil I have played. I never could tolerate Silent Hill, but that's a different topic altogether.

I guess I'd ask, is it really more survival horror or frolicking through zombie bodies? The latter is entertaining in spurts, but the former gives me reason to actually drop my hard-earned Septims.

Oh, and how's the multiplayer?

There is no multiplayer, just rankings.

Basically you're fighting the time limit on cases (missions). You have a safe room which is pretty much where you will get all your cases and where you take rescued survivors. There's a heavy emphasis on survival where the missions seem easy at first, but then they throw in some unexpected obstacles that make things quite challenging in parts. There's also the picture taking which helps you level up and a bunch of acheivements.