Terry Brooks

Allanon

• 5 months later...

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan was really good...

Also Eragon and Eldest were both pretty good as well (Chris Paollini) despise the HORRIBLE MOVIE THAT WAS ERAGON....

In any case, I think maybe I'll check out Terry Brooks after I'm done reading Terry Pratchet's stuff....

If you love fantasy stuff, and you love Monty Python....READ TERRY PRATCHET...he's awesome

Next time I go to the book store I will buy a Terry Brooks book. Where should I start if I just buy one?

Start with his prequel.

"First King of Shannara" (Prequel)

The Sword of Shannara

The Elfstones of Shannara

The Wishsong of Shannara

The Scions of Shannara

The Druid of Shannara

The Elf Queen of Shannara

The Talismans of Shannara

Ilse Witch

Antrax

Morgawr

Jarka Ruus

Tanequil

Straken

There is also a side story in one of those books that has many short stories from numerous authors in it. He has one that takes place after the Wishsong of Shannara. I will look through my collection and tell you what it is.

I could never get through Wishsong myself though I've read everything else. I'd personally recommend starting on Sword and then after you're done with Wishsong you can read First King then the Inheritance series, followed by the journey of the Jerle Shannara series and then the last series starting with Jarka Ruus, forget what it's called.

He also started a new series which is before any of the other books about the nuclear holocaust which caused the earth to transform, etc., etc. don't want to ruin it for anyone who is going to read it. Sadly I tried the Wheel of Time series but could never finish it, I don't know why.

• 9 months later...

I liked the Shannara books but could not get into the others.

Robert Jordan was my favorite for a long time (now he has passed away and no clue what happens to the series).

George R.R. Martin is the best right now IMO - His Fire and Ice series is absolutely amazing!!