Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

w8t4time

after reading through the forums at ea looks like game speed is faster than tiberium sun and slower than red alert 2 which would be fine for me

some ts rounds were too long and some ra2 games were too short

looks good so far I am really excited

they will release a demo before game release I read in there also

after reading through the forums at ea looks like game speed is faster than tiberium sun and slower than red alert 2 which would be fine for me

some ts rounds were too long and some ra2 games were too short

looks good so far I am really excited

they will release a demo before game release I read in there also

The AI will adjust to your style of play too. If you quickly build up huge armies and flood it'll counter that. If you tend to sit back and build your base, it'll adjust accordingly. This game is going to rock!

*Edit* Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/comman...tml?sid=6150295

Kind of old article but hopefully this hasn't changed much.

Edited by meherdmann

• 2 weeks later...

watch a match... although funny (my play style is so different) they seem to have recreated the old game style with the new sage engine looks nice fluid and slick smooth game play to me

wish I knew the specs of the machine they were playing this on?

have fun this is the best look at the new game so far

and you all thought I played CS:S too much :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12016

• 1 month later...

It's a bit too fast paced for my taste. You can easily start pumping out the best units in the game within 10 minutes. Much faster than Red Alert 2. I was also disappointed that you couldn't build any walls. Bad guys could just walk right into your base. The turrets don't kill stuff as fast as I would like, seeing as they are the only base defense besides just having a mass amount of guys sitting around.

The original C&C was great, I loved the music, the sounds of squishing men over in vehicles, guys screaming while they die and the surprise bonuses you find randomly in a map. Yeah the graphics good too but I think the audio makes most of this game fun.

I never played Tiberiun Sun but decided to give it a try. I beat the GDI campaign back in October. Not as good as RA2 but was still good and challenging toward the later levels.

I never played Generals, dunno must have been playing UT2K4???? :shrug03:

I beat the Supreme Commander demo and just uninstalled it. Lets hope C&C3 is a whole lot better.

Alot of the C&C3 sounds are familiar. The guys screaming when they die, some of the explosions, low power and silos needed. The FMV movies are also top notch.

I hope they have the bonus boxes in the full versions. I remember times in previous games when I would lose my MCV and spend hours scouring the map for a new one in a box, half the time they would end up just being explosives. :(

The original C&C was great, I loved the music, the sounds of squishing men over in vehicles, guys screaming while they die and the surprise bonuses you find randomly in a map. Yeah the graphics good too but I think the audio makes most of this game fun.

At least someone here thinks so too :D

I'm going to check this out probably later today. The last C&C game I liked was RA2. Generals was horrible. Hope this one won't follow suit.

Hmm... I should install Civ2 and play that again for old times sake.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends what you want in an RTS Thief_Lord. Supreme Commander does a lot better at making an RTS game similar to a chess game, where overall movement of troops, deployment of units, and positioning are more important then play style. While as in C&C3, each faction plays differently, and the battles are quicker and have a faster pace. I have both, though I am a bit of an RTS freak, I'd suggest getting whatever suits your needs.

It depends what you want in an RTS Thief_Lord. Supreme Commander does a lot better at making an RTS game similar to a chess game, where overall movement of troops, deployment of units, and positioning are more important then play style. While as in C&C3, each faction plays differently, and the battles are quicker and have a faster pace. I have both, though I am a bit of an RTS freak, I'd suggest getting whatever suits your needs.

Well, I decided to get C&C, I have played C&C since I was a wee-little lad and I wanted to see how much things have changed. I am only in ACT 3 on GDI side aND HAVENT STARTED nod YET (BAH cAP lOCKS SUXXORZ!!!!) Well apparently I really suck at online play too :P