is my monitor dead?

gOOters

I had spent all day kicking peeps at the drop of a hat for language. Then flashing a Tsay message.

Then I saw yours... Paused just a second... Realized I couldnt in good conscience answer the 238 people I had already kicked if I didnt kick you. And did it before I chickened out. But I did conceed one point... I didnt flash a Tsay. :blink:

I probably could have just verbally reprimanded you but it was a very heated moment trying to figure out who the TK'er was and if it was intentional.

Get a Degauss kit or try finding a bolt tape eraser (which is a really strong electro-magnet) and hold it in the center of the monitor and in circling motions pull out. This will align your RGB cathodes. That might help. If its dimming you need a new flyback transformer and you would be better off finding a new monitor. If you are carefull you can take the case off your monitor and there are a few plastic adjustment screws on your flyback transformer and at the base of the CRT. The will adjust focus, contrast, Vhold, and so on. Be very careful. There is a 50,000 volt wire that energizes the tube. It looks like its attached to the top of the CRT with a suction cup. Even when unplugged it can store enough energy to throw you across the room. I cant tell you how many times ive been able to fix a monitor that looks broken doing this.

Get a Degauss kit or try finding a bolt tape eraser (which is a really strong electro-magnet) and hold it in the center of the monitor and in circling motions pull out.  This will align your RGB cathodes.  That might help.  If its dimming you need a new flyback transformer and you would be better off finding a new monitor.  If you are carefull you can take the case off your monitor and there are a few plastic adjustment screws on your flyback transformer and at the base of the CRT.  The will adjust focus, contrast, Vhold, and so on.  Be very careful.  There is a 50,000 volt wire that energizes the tube.  It looks like its attached to the top of the CRT with a suction cup.  Even when unplugged it can store enough energy to throw you across the room.  I cant tell you how many times ive been able to fix a monitor that looks broken doing this.

nerd! lol j/k, Ive never had the balls to take a monitor apart. First, because I have never really had any trouble with them and second, I did know they store enough energy to make all my hair stick up and turn my face black if I do somethign wrong. So I have a monitor that is turned a weird color from a magnet sitting beside it. Is that fixable by taking it apart? Next, my roomate has a monitor that is always yellow, I think its because the pins are messed up on the cord(which is non removable) Do you think it would be possible to attach a different vga cable to it?