Worms Feeler

mookie

Worms World Party, and/or Worms2/WA  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GC Alumni

http://worms.team17.com/

Inspired by Allanon's RTS feeler.

For those who've never played Worms 2, etc., it's a fun game that usually plays in well under an hour per match. I can only describe it as turn-based strategy, but it's absolutely nothing like Civilization or others. It has no storyline that I know of, but there are single-player levels to build your skills.

For reference:

You can get a 36.9MB demo of WWP from Team17, which took me about 3 minutes to download. Once you've got it going, go into options (bottom right), change the resolution up to 1024x768, go back to the menu, choose single/multi (top right), click the names of 2 teams on the list (right side) to add them to the game, then hit the check mark in the lower right corner. Right-click selects weapons (F keys also); use the arrow keys to walk around and aim up and down; enter, backspace, double-enter, and double-backspace jump; hold the spacebar to fire your weapon. You can probably figure out in less than 15 minutes if this is a game you'd like, but you can probably play the demo for hours of fun if you have a second person to be the other team.

With Froogle I can find WWP for about $15 shipped in the US.

From Trygames you can get a one-hour full feature demo, or a full version download for $30 (i.e. no need to wait for shipping).

P.S. I have Worms Armageddon, but I'd get Worms World Party if there were enough others to play with. You can try me on AIM for a game of WA if you have it but never get to play it.

Edited by mookie