screen troubles

Mad Bean

I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to stop my screens from freezing up in the middle of playing cs. During the middle of a lot of gun fire, my screen will only show movement every couple of seconds. I have a 1000 mhz celeron, 384 ram, 20 gb, radeon 7500

o0o

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

uhhhh....isn't it "net_graph 3"? I don't believe I have ever heard of net_stat. Then again I am a CS n00b also :( .

TeKNiK

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests
yeah you are :P

I know I am. I have absolutely NO skillz compared to you gooters. You are god!

Ouch! I mess around with that stuff but can never remember which command affects choke and which affects loss. Someone post up the whole process for this poor guy!

What king of internet connection are you using? If it is 56k, I would suggest ZeroDamage for getting hints on tweaking. He plays on it and does really good.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Right now i use..

rate 9999

cl_cmdrate 99

cl_updaterate 50

everybody's is different for what they should use. not one setting directly effects choke/loss neither. so you just gotta mess around with it for a while and find out which combination works best for you.

you could try...

rate 7500

cl_cmdrate 30

cl_updaterate 20

rate 9999

cl_cmdrate 50

cl_updaterate 50

rate 9999

cl_cmdrate 40

cl_updaterate 40

few examples that i've seen work for other peeps. the first of the 3 i put up is the default.

I heard..

rate should be 9999 (i know some people use the highest which is 25000)

cl_cmdrate should = ur fps

cl_updaterate should = 50 or so.

but it's all about testing each and every combination and then sticking with the one that ur most comfortable with.

I found a forum on 3fall3 where orbiter hav a tweat guide and downloaded tweak xp pro. I went through and tweated everything on now I am able to max out at 99-100fps and my loss/choke are both at 0. Hopefully now I can start chalking up some more frags with more practice(I am very new to this)

Where do I go to change my settings or check them?

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

go to your halflife or conter-strike directory... click on cstrike.. open up config.cfg in a notepad.

or you can change them while in a game by bringing down console and just typing them in there. but it won't save em, you'll have to do that everytime you start up cs.

or you can change them while in a game by bringing down console and just typing them in there. but it won't save em, you'll have to do that everytime you start up cs.

That is only if you have your config as read only. Personally I dont... but its not a bad idea seeing as how an evil admin can change it with admin utilities.

Thanks guys, right now my settings are:

rate 7500

cl_cmdrate 30

cl_updaterate 20

I'm also now able to use OpenGL, before if I would try to use it the program would shut down.

I'm going to play around with the setting and see which work best for me.