Ever been chased by a 600lb...

Fatty

...4 wheeler?

Hanging out with my redneck cousins again for a family reunion. Actually I'm still here. Yesterday we went out riding!

I did a couple hills that I wouldn't have tried in the past. The ride was going well....then we entered some freshly cut trails (not for the novice rider, which, erm, is probably where I rate). Cousin Shane (far left in picture) is the best rider but not the best guide. (i.e. no warnings about cliffs, loop d loops, flaming bridges, etc)

Long story short, I came down around a corner and was all but stopped, but my front left wheel caught and she went up...and up...and started to roll down the bank we were turning away from. I dove off and started scrambling.....the sound of a 600 lb four wheeler rolling at you is, well, enough to make you move quickly. It did 2 or 3 complete rolls, and finally came to rest on the wheels, still running.....

Then mrX jumped on it to get it out of the wooded area.....and......turned it on it's side after hitting a ditch.

Not too long after that we saw the wheels on it again when we couldn't get it up some slope with holes and stumps, etc... and someone else was giving it a shot.

So, seeing this machine off it's wheels 3 times in one night kinda made me nervous....then it got dark.....lol...I was nervous enough...

Anyhoo, everyone was accounted for with all extremities intact....here we are for a group pic (the machine I was one is back on the left with the box on the back, can't really see it)

mrX is in the middle back with the blue shirt....I'm back on the right.

post-3-1159232061_thumb.jpg

HAHA... thanks .. I needed a good laugh! (the diagram that is)

Glad to see your alright man.

I too have taken some bad falls on my dirt bike.

One time, went over the handle bars... but my pants didnt o.O

It was a cold ride home.

Are you sore at all?

GC Founder

I should have drawn my helmet on my head, cause I was wearing one...

No, not sore...when I started to get up, I noticed my shin was sore, perhaps I hit it on a small sapling or something....not sure. But not sore, thanks.

I should have drawn my helmet on my head, cause I was wearing one...

No, not sore...when I started to get up, I noticed my shin was sore, perhaps I hit it on a small sapling or something....not sure. But not sore, thanks.

ouch.... poor baby tree.

one the bright side you didn't throw out the back. :boing:

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Ok fine.

post-3-1159139850_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or is that picture highly inappropriate? :=:biglaugha::biglaugha:

I've rolled a four wheeler before...didn't manage to get off of it in time though so I went with it for a couple spins. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet my head would have been cracked like an egg on this rock, otherwise the momentum of the atv kept most of its weight off of me while I was under it.

Ok fine.

post-3-1159139850_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or is that picture highly inappropriate? :=:biglaugha::biglaugha:

I've rolled a four wheeler before...didn't manage to get off of it in time though so I went with it for a couple spins. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet my head would have been cracked like an egg on this rock, otherwise the momentum of the atv kept most of its weight off of me while I was under it.

+1, I've also rolled with a quad before... no fun... sucks even more when you have to pull the quad out of the pond, and rebuild the engine... 8(

Glad you are ok Fatty.

Edited by benjester

• 2 months later...
GC Founder

Welp, as if that experience wasn't enough, I was a passenger on a 4wheeler this past weekend while hunting....driver hit gas at wrong time.....and 800lb machine + 200lb man came backwards right on top of me.....

I'm lucky to be alive, let alone walk and function. Back (as if I needed any more back issues) is sore, specially up around my neck, etc.....sternum was sorta, well, had a crushed feeling for a day....etc...

Happened so fast I don't know which direction our bodies went once it came over on us....but I do know there was a log behind my neck...ouch

God is good.....could have been very, very bad.

Then the next day, I took a decent deer....(button buck, thought it was a doe)....for some reason I didn't toss my basket onto the back of the Explorer....so it road home on the top.....

This is us after the first day of hunting....I can only stay for Monday each year to due my teaching contract (that doesn't allow me to "extend" a holiday, like Thanksgiving)

post-3-1164944550_thumb.jpg

Although, good news in Ohio with the extra two days on Dec 16th and 17th! I'm going back down for two days to get me a buck.

(ps, if you can't tell, those antlers on the deer on the left...well, those don't belong to that deer.. :D

(edited)

You get hurt once again... I know you haven't learned your lesson, b/c you are sitting underneath a 100+ dead deer....*sigh* It could easily slip off the explorer...

Edited by ZesteR

Welp, as if that experience wasn't enough, I was a passenger on a 4wheeler this past weekend while hunting....driver hit gas at wrong time.....and 800lb machine + 200lb man came backwards right on top of me.....

Had a similar thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. Except the four wheeler went ahead in the air and hit a tree with its underside and I hit the ground with my friend on top of me. Should've stayed by myself on the golf cart. That was more fun.