TWL

mookie

GC Alumni

If anyone is interested in playing with GC TWL, this is the time to get involved. Right now we are probably looking to add somewhere around 8 players to our roster.

Anyone who's interested, or wants to find out more, should reply to this thread.

Presumably we'll be having a scrim/practice tonight on the private server at or around 9edt 10edt. Even if you don't know if you want to join the team you're free to join us: jump on TeamSpeak (66.219.146.146:8767) then jump on the server (private.gcftw.com, password is "gamerscoalition").

Anyone wanting to join up needs to be:

* Able to play most weeks for a practice/scrim, which would probably be the same day each week. This has been Tuesday in the past, but only a handful of the people who were around for that decision are still with us now, and we'll probably re-evaluate what day is best.

* Available to play about half the time, assuming matches could be on any random day of the week. This doesn't necessarily mean being available on 3 or 4 specific nights each week, but that if matches are scheduled at least several days in advance for a random night each week, you could probably have about a 50/50 shot of being available.

* Able to check our private forums frequently enough to (1) know when matches will be and (2) post up saying if you can or cannot make each match. If you log out of the forums a lot, this means putting the password back in every time you log in again. FYI it's possible to get e-mail updates from any forum on the boards, just click on Forum Options in the top right, and select Subscribe.

If things are going well, most players will only get in a match about every third week. Realistically, players that happen to be available a lot might be able to play every other week or more. Match scheduling can be erratic, so it would not be uncommon that you might be unable to make several in a row, then be able to make several in a row.

Players can leave the team at any time. If you're not sure if 5v5 match play is for you, don't let that stop you from joining up. If you think TWL might not give you as much play as you want, don't let that stop you either. Nobody will hold it against anyone if they decide to move on to play with a more competitive team.

We're on the CS:S NA 5v5 Ladder, which means we end up with about one 5v5 match per week, scheduled on various days, and a scrim or two each week for practice. Basically all play is in the evening (8pm/5pt et or later). Specific info on the ladder can be seen here; the main thing to note is that matches can be any day of the week, starting as early as 8:30et/5:30pt or as late as 11:30et/8:30pt. Matches usually finish up an hour or so after the scheduled start time. Also worth noticing is the list of eligible maps.

If any info on here can/should be changed go for it.

Edited by mookie

- right now we've got at least 8 open spots.

- there's no cost to you, you just need to be an active .gc member.

- with an active, communicating team, we could probably even get 2 matches/week.

this is a great opportunity to get involved in more organized level of cs:s. it's not as competitive as CAL, but it's easier to be involved in, and cooler than CAL.

Count me interested.

I should be available for almost all the matches/scrims.

The only things that would prevent me from playing is that I get off work at 5:30 PST, so I can't realistically play until 6:30 PST.

Other than that, barring the rediculous amount of overtime I have to do whenever a deadline approaches, I'm totally free.

GC Alumni
I'd like to try it out. I'm not the most consistant player, but It would be fun to try playing on a more cohesive team model than we usually find on our servers. I do have a mic... just never have much to say heh:)

Shaftiel

PM sent.