Stormy Weather

anonymo

So like some of you I am addicted to really big nasty thunderstorms. This morning in Toronto was no exception. I have recently moved into a new apartment on the 32nd floor and have been looking forward to a really good storm since the day I moved. This morning I awoke to continuously brilliant flashes of light. Every time positive met negative it was like a stage set just for me. All the buildings around mine acting like players in some grand enactment. Every flash was clear in the early morning darkness as heavy clouds of wind and wet topled across buildings in their effort to remain aloft. Many times I thought I was going to lose my bowl of Cinnimon Twist Life cereal as the jagged forks of light and heat connected with the adjacent buildings. It was brilliant. I had an urge to remain on my balcony that I could not ignore. But alas, I had to go to work. Still, I shall not soon forget this fateful morning when mother nature all but reached out and touched my face. Next time I hope I have a camera.

Mo

anonymo...we had the same storm in kitchener...HUGE!!! it woke me up and scared the crap outta me. Naturally my first instinct was to make sure the moon roof on my car was closed (i've left it open accidently b4 during storms....not pretty).

But yeah after that i layed in bed just listening to thunder and seeing those brilliant flashes. Good storm...

In the middle of september minnesota had a good old thunderstorm with no rain. The T-storm was in 2 layers in the clouds. The top layer (maybe 100 feet above the bottom one) would flash every 3 seconds or so. The bottom layer was not as dense as the top layer and the flashes of light would shine down through the bottom layer.

Me and my friend stopped on the side of the road and watched it for 30 min.

That was the coolest t-storm I have ever seen.

Max I'm at yonge and eglinton...but I can see the lake on a clear day...heck on a clear day I can see the other side of the lake!

Anyone want to donate a nice camera to the cause? If I left a camera on all day and night I would get the greatest images. I face east so every morning I see a different sunrise and they are always spectacular. The storm itself was really nuts because I was basically inside of it when I woke up. Usually you can look down from my balcony and see Yonge Street all lit up but yesterday morning I couldn't even see the street lights, I think because I was actually in a cloud! Anyways, hopefully I'll have a camera soon enough and can share the view with you guys!

Eh... I live in an apt now...so thats why...

Area is good... But ... They want a house lol... Found a Good one for cheap too o0o

I hope you don't have to commute far for work...spending 3 hours a day minimum in travel time is horrible...if you're moving closer to work then all the more power to ya!

Work.... Yes Work... That isn't a problem as im in grade 10 :D

Grade? What is this concept? Have you not been working in the salt mine since you were 6 like the rest of us?

You don't go to Forest Hill do you?