windows not decting hard drive

Z3RO

ok so im setting up my friends new compy right now and window isnt detecting his sata hard drive. the mobo detects it but not windows. i no for a sata drive u need service pack 2 or thts wut the mobo manual said. thts wut ive got but its still not working. idk hlp me.

control panel, admin tools, computer management. disk management. you'll see it there. you just have to format it and then it will show up in my computer.

Yup. If its already formatted, just assign it a drive letter and you're good to go. If its a new drive you'll want to format it to ntfs.

i'm not really sure why i thought this was during the install.

lol i can see why you would have assumed that. he didn't mention it was so i just assumed it was a secondary drive being plugged in. though really he should be using the newer, faster drive as a primary.

well according to microsoft he just had the update to windows but im cheating and using another ide drive to get every thing up and running. ill probly be on hear a million more time trying to get this working <3 microsft tech support ( no jus kidding thy relly suc :D) thnx for all the hlp.

i'm not really sure why i thought this was during the install.

lol i can see why you would have assumed that. he didn't mention it was so i just assumed it was a secondary drive being plugged in. though really he should be using the newer, faster drive as a primary.

:luxhello::luxhello:

Cujo FTW again...