Gears of War....

[LaW]Maverick

Yup...I pre-ordered it, and for those of you that don't know, Gamestop (and all the gamestop stores) are launching the game tomorrow! (5 days before everyone else)

For those of you thinking, "So, what's the big deal?" You haven't seen the HD trailers for the game. I will remind you that Microsoft tells people it publishes for not to put in CG scenes. That means that the HD trailer is HD game rendering....impressive doesn't quite cover it.

In any case, I'll be completely addicted to a new game tomorrow...should be fun! Well, that is, unless they completely screw the thing up. :boing:

Maverick' date='Nov 7 2006, 11:45 AM' post='375191']

Yup...I pre-ordered it, and for those of you that don't know, Gamestop (and all the gamestop stores) are launching the game tomorrow! (5 days before everyone else)

For those of you thinking, "So, what's the big deal?" You haven't seen the HD trailers for the game. I will remind you that Microsoft tells people it publishes for not to put in CG scenes. That means that the HD trailer is HD game rendering....impressive doesn't quite cover it.

In any case, I'll be completely addicted to a new game tomorrow...should be fun! Well, that is, unless they completely screw the thing up. :boing:

Uhhh...you're on crack...it releases today...I just came from EB here in downtown Toronto and though they didn't have it the guy said his warehouse confirmed it arrived this morning and they are scrambling to get it out this afternoon as it's Emergence Day!

Gears of War looks amazing. It's the only game that makes me consider buying an XBox360. Sooner or later, I'll get to play it on a friend's console, so I'm still not bought.

And it's only 10 more days until the ultimate gaming experience is out people!

Gears of War looks amazing. It's the only game that makes me consider buying an XBox360. Sooner or later, I'll get to play it on a friend's console, so I'm still not bought.

you're off by 2 days...

Edited by EbilDustBunny

This game is insane...my mind melted (further).

Single player...ridiculously intense

Multi player....ridiculously smooth and intense

I think I'm just in shock because a game is finally living up to its hype.

Eb if you promise not to scream I'll play with you...ok...since that won't happen please put a sock around your mic :D

Eb if you promise not to scream I'll play with you...ok...since that won't happen please put a sock around your mic :D

ROFL

no promises... i think some of you remember that scarey zombie mod we had. :o

(edited)

ROFL

no promises... i think some of you remember that scarey zombie mod we had. :o

The zombie-horde mod wasn't scary, it was fun and needs to be brought back.

A game finally living up to its hype? Half-Life, ya fool!

Edited by Kruten

Sorry Sairs but remote does not equal gaming controller and is << keyboard and mouse. I wish Nintendo would focus on it's hardcore gaming crowd instead of trying to find a way to get everyone to get it :(

Sorry Sairs but remote does not equal gaming controller and is << keyboard and mouse. I wish Nintendo would focus on it's hardcore gaming crowd instead of trying to find a way to get everyone to get it :(

Alas, the hardcore gaming market has been drifting to Sony, and this is the only way that Nintendo sees to expand it's market once again. From reports from a Gamespy editor who spent 9 solid hours playing it, the new Zelda game with the Wii controllers will be a blast, once you spend the half-hour getting used to the setup.

That said, I'm not likely to get any of the new consoles, since not even the TVs in this house are less than a decade old! ;)

*slaps Allanon*

Next thing you tell us is the PS2 was a great system..... :bang:

Hehehe...don't confuse great system with great games, by the way. The PS2 was the biggest piece of junk system I've ever seen hit the market (yes, the Jaguar and Turbo Graphix 16 both blow it away) speaking from a strict quality stand-point. It was out-dated already when it launched, it was overpriced, and it broke all the time.

Nothing depresses me more than to see the "hardcore" gaming crowd going over to Sony...except maybe seeing the hardcore gaming crowd going over to EA...I pray that never happens.

In any case All, I was just messin' with you...but seriously, what could be more hardcore than actually fighting your way through Hyrule? I mean...you swing the sword, shoot the bow, etc. That sounds pretty hardcore to me, because to an outside observer you'd look like an idiot. You have to be hardcore to play games on the Wii and not worry 'bout how goofy you look.

I mean, what would your mom think if she stepped into your living room and saw you hopping around like an idiot trying to kill the bad guys on the television? :peace:

Personally, I can't wait! :boing:

Maverick' date='Nov 8 2006, 11:19 AM' post='375412']

...except maybe seeing the hardcore gaming crowd going over to EA...I pray that never happens.

In any case All, I was just messin' with you...but seriously, what could be more hardcore than actually fighting your way through Hyrule? I mean...you swing the sword, shoot the bow, etc. That sounds pretty hardcore to me, because to an outside observer you'd look like an idiot. You have to be hardcore to play games on the Wii and not worry 'bout how goofy you look.

Personally, I can't wait! :boing:

I second that. Then again, EA would have to come out with a good game in order for that to happen. And the chances of that are.....? :)

Luckily, my bro is getting Wii and will lend it to me when he's done. I can't wait to play Twilight Princess. I'm going to be letting out battle cries and leaping about the room as I fight baddies. Luckily, I live alone, so that's all good.

Hah. Im a huge megadeth fan, and I jsut found this on Youtube. They jsut wrote a song for this game after they saw it lol.

Its performed live and cam'd in poor qual, but cool

Thats shweet...

Btw...I hate bats...you'd think giant mutant earth bats would favour tasty bunneh meat over dirty mo mold but nooooo...