Work + Girlfriend = Gaming FTL

J. Dunlavy

Errrrm... just letting y'all know that I'm not dead. Dunlavy is alive and kickin' it, but I've not even fired up my home computer in several weeks. Just too darned busy + social.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but Counter-Strike still haunts my dreams like a neglected step child.

See some of you on there hopefully this weekend.

Hugs and lame kisses,

Dunlavy

Welcome to the battle of the century, Man+gaming vs. Wife/GF.. Ive been married for 13 yrs, and in that time my wife has packed her bags and made it to the car befor she came back in 3 times now.. Ive unplugged my PC and placed it in the trash one of those times, and she got it out saying "we arnt gonna throw away a pc just cause you cant stay off the dang thing.."..

Sometimes I cant wait for the sweet release that death will bring.. Sometimes I think to myself "oh dear gosh, please let me have 2+ yrs at the end of my life without my wife! Dont let me die first!!"

Welcome to the battle of the century, Man+gaming vs. Wife/GF.. Ive been married for 13 yrs, and in that time my wife has packed her bags and made it to the car befor she came back in 3 times now.. Ive unplugged my PC and placed it in the trash one of those times, and she got it out saying "we arnt gonna throw away a pc just cause you cant stay off the dang thing.."..

Sometimes I cant wait for the sweet release that death will bring.. Sometimes I think to myself "oh dear gosh, please let me have 2+ yrs at the end of my life without my wife! Dont let me die first!!"

aaaaahahha...good luck...sounds like my life but substitute wife for work

aaaaahahha...good luck...sounds like my life but substitute wife for work

When your wife reads this your life will be over pretty quickly so let this thread die!

LOL No she doesnt read these forums, she only reads the ebay message boards.. Ive tried about every angle, example: "I work all day, all week, and I need some downtime playin some games", "I dont care if your mad I need to get my cleric to lvl9 NOW!!!", and one of my favorites "Im going to just fall asleep if I sit here on the couch watching TV, Im gonna play some to keep myself awake for YOU.."

Nothing seems to work, NOW if I could make some money while I play on the computer then Id be sittin pretty..

Dude, congratulations on one of the funniest (and most true) posts in GC. Significant others are the bane of gaming fun.

Yeah, when I was on Counter Strike every night, those were the good days before I had tons of work (also less moolah) and no GF. I never really WANTED a GF, though, so now I find myself struggling to balance g33k life w/ teh relationship. What's sad is I really like her and, thus, she prevails against all my other choices (most of the time).

I'm getting older and have been out of college for a little bit, so uh... I kinda need to refocus on relationships lest in four more years I find myself being the creepy guy with a receding hairline in a leisure suit at the bowling alley bar.

Dude, congratulations on one of the funniest (and most true) posts in GC. Significant others are the bane of gaming fun.

Yeah, when I was on Counter Strike every night, those were the good days before I had tons of work (also less moolah) and no GF. I never really WANTED a GF, though, so now I find myself struggling to balance g33k life w/ teh relationship. What's sad is I really like her and, thus, she prevails against all my other choices (most of the time).

I'm getting older and have been out of college for a little bit, so uh... I kinda need to refocus on relationships lest in four more years I find myself being the creepy guy with a receding hairline in a leisure suit at the bowling alley bar.

What are you trying to say dun? What's wrong with bowling next to a high school? o0o oh no my delete key is broken!

When your wife reads this your life will be over pretty quickly so let this thread die!

Something tells me Batty has nothing to lose...

was gonna say...girlfriend...amateur...

Try that with a wife and family! That is a balancing act...ask the Fatster or any of us poor lucky B@stards.

You guys are going about this all wrong. What you need is a gamer GF. As far as the wife thing goes, you need to get your wives hooked into Pogo or something and then that way, as she is playing Pogo all the time you get to play your games. :D

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, as where my wife is into her computer as much as I am. Sometimes we both need to get away from them to remember we have lives. :biglaugha:

Good luck you guys! :peace:

Repeat after me. "The Sims 2 is your friend, The Sims 2 is your friend."

Trust me. Nothing beats a virtual doll-house when you want to play CS:S (or anything else for that matter!) I bought my nearly-almost-fiance it just a few days ago (she loved the original title) and it is SOOOOOOOO detailed that she's spent nearly 12 hours in 2 days just building her dolls...

Honestly though, she knows that while I play hockey and go out drinking with her and our friends every week, deep down I'm a PC gamer and she's accepted that geeky part of me. Besides, it's what pays the bills. :)

-dj

P.S. Try it, she might just get hooked. :peace: