Them good ol' days

ShadowDog

@Shadowdog

You made a mistake in your original post. yerMoth3r was never in DOH. He was the leader (and still is) of DLM. I remember when u were in DLM back in the day with Darkangel. Good times. I believe i'm one of the only active members of that clan to still play CS and post on these forums :D.

Nice to hear from you again. But you come off as a little disappointed. This community is great. GC was the best thing that could happen to our gaming community. In the beginning and i'm talking almost 10 years ago. We were a bunch of gamers with individual clans and servers and such. GC brought everyone together. The good old days were great. But so are these days. We have to look to the future and this community is doing great. This community is our future.

Furthermore, the people you see on the servers today, especially those with GC handles ARE the regulars. Gamers come and go. These people are the new regulars. Us older guys are the veterans :D. You can't really expect that everyone from the past be still playing. Yes it would be great to see some of the old guys come and play a few rounds but you have to remember that most of us have grown up and our worlds no longer revolve around gaming (i'm not speaking for everyone....Mag :D). If you want to see your "regulars" from back in the day. Hit-up fragfest 2007. You'll see plenty of the old clan members. There is nothing to be appauled at. This community is the next step in our community history. We've always...ALWAYS been a community in the past. We were all friends, no matter what the clan tag was. Finally someone had the brilliant idea to create this community to bring us all together. It was a great idea. I love this community and will always be a part of it. It's not about the games for me. It's about the friends i've made. I dont know how active you've been in this community but the rest of us veterans who are "regulars" have come to appreciate what we have here. Maybe you just need to spend some more time here to realize that nothing has really changed, just a name. We're all still here buddy.

Edited by Xterminator

did someone mention a 1.6 server????? Woohoo you might actually have someone to ban alot if that happens!

As far as the old days go, those were alot of fun. I think I've been around ummm like 6-7 years or something and things have changed, some for the better some for the worse.(ie no 1.6 server)

p.s. source sucks :)

lol so its good to see you as well Xterminator... DLM was a good time.. did i seriously say YerMother for DOH? o.o wow! my bad.. meant DLM

anyways your right, i did come off with a bit of a cynical point of view and i'd like to apologize to everyone. Sorry!!!! i did not mean it that way. I would have attended FragFest before but people told me it was 21+ only o.o

im 17, turning 18 on May 1st. so if someone wants to give me a ride and if im old enough, i'd gladly come. I live in Pepper Pike, OH.. basicly Cleveland. anyone wanna get back to me on that just leave me a message or email

ShadowDog@Adelphia.net

-Ross

AKA ShadowDog

I hopped on the server the other day, and hoped some of the old school guys would pop on. (all I got was lunk :lol2: ) So many new faces with the GC tag that I don't recognize, but from the ones I had the brief time to talk to, it seems we are still bringing in quality people. This no doubt will be the good ol'days for a other people.. enjoy it :)

P.S. Shadowdog died to a bot when we were playing the other day :lol:

PepperPike = evil, evil place for speeders. Your cops aren't too friendly...

Sorry you were misinformed about FF06. Plan on attending this year so you can participate in the Zester distance throwing competition!! I believe he's added a pound or two so you might have to adjust for that.

did someone mention a 1.6 server????? Woohoo you might actually have someone to ban alot if that happens!

As far as the old days go, those were alot of fun. I think I've been around ummm like 6-7 years or something and things have changed, some for the better some for the worse.(ie no 1.6 server)

Wha.. wha.. wha..?

Are you like one of those people who still thinks that Source stinks because you have to aim where you spray the AK, etc.?

Edited by Allanon

Wha.. wha.. wha..?

Are you like one of those people who still thinks that Source stinks because you have to aim where you spray the AK, etc.?

umm mossad is actually an amazing player o.o

PepperPike = evil, evil place for speeders. Your cops aren't too friendly...

Sorry you were misinformed about FF06. Plan on attending this year so you can participate in the Zester distance throwing competition!! I believe he's added a pound or two so you might have to adjust for that.

where you from duke?

Used to be in Cuy Falls, now I'm in Jackson Township (Canal Fulton-ish).

our cops arent that bad. its Woodmere, Solon, and Shaker Heights are the worst. Solon cops just will bust you for going 28 in a 25...

Cuyahoga Falls is a pretty place, i like Chagrin Falls better.... but i'm a jew and there are many anti-semitic people there... and with my Anti-Swastika and Star of David tattoos im getting.. i doubt they will be too fond of me =o

Used to be in Cuy Falls, now I'm in Jackson Township (Canal Fulton-ish).

Jackson Township POWER!!!!!! :rolly:

Yeah...I live there too.

So yeah...flashes in source...WAAAAY better. They still don't have them right though. I real flashbang makes you blind, deaf, and screws up your equilibrium sometimes resulting in vomiting, but always resulting in loss of balance and disorientation. At least source flashes produce after-images and ringing somewhat as a real one would do.

Moss is a *GREAT* player...in 1.6 :-) He should come onto source sometime though so I can shoot 'im :D

Wha.. wha.. wha..?

Obviously you have never played with Moss :spin2:

our cops arent that bad. its Woodmere, Solon, and Shaker Heights are the worst. Solon cops just will bust you for going 28 in a 25...

Haha, if you can ever find a Shaker cop (in Shaker) that is... I think there are about three of them, and I always see their cars in Gates Mills... <_<

Edited by Chimmpp

i'm good at source too, don't get me wrong. I guess its just a preference thing.

Yah, I started playing 1.6 but only a little bit before I switched to Source and it was much later so I guess my preference is to source. Though don't worry I'm not saying I'm good, in fact I'm pretty crappy even though I like Source better :)