Tropolis set to BOOT.

Fatty

For the first two times we saw tropolis at 20/20 players and hold yesterday! The admins chatted about reserves getting in, although the 20/20 didn't last a real long time. As soon as it dropped, a couple of our reservists hopped on, and did inform us that they actually saw a full server.

Dedication to our contributing reservists forces us to make sure there's a spot for them always, so we're going to test option 1 of our options:

// Kicking rules to keep reservered slots free

// 0 - don't kick anyone and keep reserved slots only for players with reservation

// 1 - kick by shortest playing time

// 2 - kick by worst ping

// 3 - don't kick anyone and put on remaining reserved slots only players with reservation

amx_reservation 1

I would like to know the message that is sent by the server if you do get kicked in this way, if anyone catches it. Thanks again to our reserve members, including our most recent: ODC!!

GC Founder

Heck no, because as the number of reserves goes up, the numbers of servers goes up....eventually the price of reserves will actually rise dramatically.....that will be at the same point where we decide there are enough reserves, but then of course that will be the same time that we also concede that there is a price for everything.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

How many people have bought a reserve?

GC Founder

That's classified. :ph34r:

Let's put it this way, more than the number of quotes you see on the reserve page.

I've debated posting the "reservometer" which is a private little graph like thing that shows the dollars on the way to the 12 man server (remember, every dollar of the reserved spots go toward another server on which reserves will also apply). Then again, posting that might send different messages:

1)too commerciallized

2)someone else will put in the money, i'll freeload like i usually do

3)i can't read that, should have paid attention in school

or whatever....

Anyways, we're closer than we were one day ago!

GC Founder

quick answer:

all reserve money is kept in a special catagory that will be used to pay for a 12 man public server. Mmmm would use this for matches, but it would be open for public 99% of the time.

Special consideration would obviously be given to teams who have contributed if they wanted to use the server for any specially occassions.

Hope this helps.

edit: and yes, we speak of another gamedameons server.

I for one am willing to forgo (sp?) being allowed on the server at times if there are 20 ppl. Sure I paid for a reserve, but it didn't cost enough to inconvenience Mmmm this way. I assume that each Mmmm member has a reserve slot (or at least enough for a few of them to play at once) and if you add that to the 4 (at least) reserves there are, you've got about 10 slots taken up on a 20 man server. I don't think the $20 I paid for 3 months is worth Mmmm having to deal with kicking ppl out of their server often (at least not more so than they do already :lol: ).

On another note, I'm not sure how in the world these reserves will pay for another server. I mean a gamedaemons server is $175 a month (right?) which means of the 4 known reservists if they all paid the most possible (which isn't true) then you've got enough for a server for 1 month. But those reservists have reserves for a year. There would need to be ALOT of reservists for this system to work. I don't understand it.

I DO, however, commend Mmmm for once AGAIN going out of thier way to make this community even more amazing. I don't understand how you guys do it....

:applause:

I will try to explain.

The kick will be automatic so your concern about us having to kick (manually) is not necessary. Like Fat said, we feel that a reservists should get what he paid for therefore we will take the measures needed to insure that they can get on when the want!

A twelve man GD server is MUCH less than a 20 man. You can check the monthly cost at their website. But I think it is around 100. What we are going to try to do is see if we can get a good enough response to pay a year in advance. That will save quite a bit of money and guarantee that it will be around for awhile. IF we get enough money to pay for it I would assume that we wouldnt accept any more reserves unless a reservist dropped.

If it becomes apparent that we will not be reaching the required yearly fee, we will consider (at that time) going from month to month to see how long it will last. Like was said, ALL the money from reserves will go for the new server... except for the Acopuco trip.

I dont know if we have this on the main page but with every reserve purchase, we will give a complimentary wallhack. And if you buy the yearly reserve we will also throw in an aimbot.

my legal counsel urges me to clarify that the last paragraph was a joke.

kick by ping please. I would hate to try to get on for 15 min, finally get on then be be booted 5 seconds later.

There is an obvious response to that. ;)

While we would hate to see someone like you get kicked, we feel that singling out the high ping would be unfair. It might even kick our beloved Slims.

Of course ultimately it would be nice if people would volunteer to drop before anyone has to be kicked. I do think your option choice is the fairest though.

You should implement Cheating Death...thats a really good way to free up spots :D

Okay kik Playaa first :D I could see the server having about 12-14 paying members and the rest of us po folk just hangin out watchin the scores rack up. Heh, jk that doesnt bother me, but I sure hope that I dont spend a few minutes getting in just to get kicked the sec I get in! :(:ph34r:

no offense, but this whole thing of people "buying reserve spots" is rediculios. how could you charge people you've played with for so long so much money. I like the idea of donations, but this seems more like a way to make a quick buck.

GC Founder

:rolleyes:

Right. I need your money.

To anyone: Again, as in the other closed thread...your resentment is understandable but please take some time to think first. Nobody cares whether or not you buy a reserve. Nobody is charging anyone for anything.

THINK PEOPLE THINK!

What more can we say than reserve money = server money. Yeesh.

I'll have to recreate the announcement under a new closed thread.

In the end, no offense taken. You can take this or leave it. Of course we want you to be part of our new home, but if you have some sort of issue that will keep you from it, there's nothing we can do about it.

The server is free. Play all you want.