My new car....

[LaW]Maverick

Thanks! Only 3 more hours 'till I leave to go get the thing...I'm going nuts waiting!

Here's some more eye-candy for you....the engine:

Needless to say I had this thing at 98 mph before I even realized it on my first test drive....lol

I will have to be careful. :-)

Oh, and Shadow...depends on the type of candy :stretch:

post-1088-1165945221_thumb.jpg

ok...so I got it..it's mine...........it's AWESOME

I programmed in a route from the dealer back to work, right? Ok...the NAV system gives me audible queues for whenever I need to make a turn or merge, or whatever. Nothing new, right? Well, with my Grand Prix GXP, the NAV system also displays which way I need to turn, a progress meter, and how far away the turn is ON MY HEADS UP DISPLAY!

That is AWESOME! I never have to look down 'cause everything I need to know is displayed on my windshield for me...how sweet is that? (the heads up display is literally projected onto the windshield) :boing:

Why would someone sell a car with 5600 miles on it? What was the story?

lol...apparently it was a GM rep vehicle

when I checked CarFax, it was registered to the state of Michigan for 3 months, which makes sense since the proving grounds are up there

yeah, the car is sweet, I love it so far

:-)

Thanks guys! I'm sure you'll see it at FF

Maverick' date='Dec 12 2006, 10:06 PM' post='381528']

Why would someone sell a car with 5600 miles on it? What was the story?

lol...apparently it was a GM rep vehicle

when I checked CarFax, it was registered to the state of Michigan for 3 months, which makes sense since the proving grounds are up there

yeah, the car is sweet, I love it so far

:-)

Thanks guys! I'm sure you'll see it at FF

Take a movie of its acceleration and top speed!!

Maverick' date='Dec 13 2006, 12:22 PM' post='381610']

Hahaha...0-60 in 'bout 5.9 seconds...not bad for a sedan no matter how you slice it, and it will do a 1/4 mile in just a tiny hair over 14 seconds...all stock :D

The 0-60 seems just 'bout right, though I haven't tried to get it clocked yet...though I want to :-)

Can you burn rubber with that automatic transmission? And having a 4 door only 1 second slower than a 2 door bmw m3..... GOOD CAR

Maverick' date='Dec 13 2006, 12:22 PM' post='381610']

Hahaha...0-60 in 'bout 5.9 seconds...not bad for a sedan no matter how you slice it, and it will do a 1/4 mile in just a tiny hair over 14 seconds...all stock :D

The 0-60 seems just 'bout right, though I haven't tried to get it clocked yet...though I want to :-)

Can you burn rubber with that automatic transmission? And having a 4 door only 1 second slower than a 2 door bmw m3..... GOOD CAR

Can still squeal the tires at 40 mph...haven't smoked them yet, but I'm 100% positive that I can if I'm still hearing the tires spin a lil' at 40....

Yup, if I kick the traction control off, I could definitely smoke those tires. :D

Not that I would being a nice responsible driver..... :halo: