wine...

Brew

i need some suggestions for good wine :D . trying to get into it. a good Pinot Grigio would be nice :D

Try Ravenswood 2003, 2004.. it's my favorite for the price..

a red zinfandel - very light

Edited by mohawk

If you can find it, Citizen makes a really great Cabernet for about $13-15...the 2003 was especially nice for the price.

As well, El Coto makes a really good syrah for about $13...try the 2004.

As for a cheaper wine, that still has body and character, the Little Penguin Shiraz is surprisingly good for $6!

don't forget about http://wine.woot.com - it's a cheap way to get into some really good wines.

i really like ravenswood cab and merlot. if they make a pinot, it's gotta be good. and if you ever jump into the cab's, be sure to find a bottle of cakebread cellars. year after year, it's my favorite northern california red.

True that...

I forgot about Toasted Head...good reds, Cardinal Zinn is good for lighter side.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

Hmmmm....

I am not into the expensive wine....because Im too poor....I like White zefandel..although its not white...merlot...and some typed of boxed wine...

Different brands taste very different too....My mom is a big wine drinker, spends quite a bit of money on some of them.

i need some suggestions for good wine :D . trying to get into it. a good Pinot Grigio would be nice :D

Here are some wines that my wife and I like to drink...(I'm not into Grigio)...

French

Beaujolais (Red) - 2003 was one of the best year's 'ever' for Beaujolais. And 2003 are plentiful in stores and are priced in a very good range $20- $30, anything that says 'Moulin a Vent' will be excellent.

Cotes du Rhone (Red) - My personal very favorite wine is 'Cotes du Rhone, Les Cranilles, 2004'. This wine is made by the three gods of the Rhone 'Cuilleron, Gaillard and Villard'. For years these three friends got together and celebrated the harvest together, then one year they decided to make a wine together that celebrated their friendship. The best part is, this is a $25 wine!

Alsace (Reisling White) - If you're ever looking for a good Riesling pick out anything from the Alsace region of France. They are all great wines. One great (and pricey) Riesling from Alsace is 'Damaine Weinbach 2003' - Although usually considered a desert wine, I find it goes great with poultry. I served this with Christmas Turkey this year.

Australian

Shiraz (Red) - Yalumba and Hugo are my favorite producers for $20-$30. If you want something a little higher end buy yourself a 'Glaetzer - Barossa Valley (2004),' this wine is the essence of what a very good Shiraz is all about.

Grenache (Red)- Australian makes some of the best Grenache in the world. I had some Murray Street 2002 and Bethany 2002 which were wonderful for under $30.

German (Reisling White) - Anything from the Mosel-Saar regions is usually delicious. Personal favorites are Fritz Haag and Willi Haag - every year is delicious.

Cheers and enjoy.