The Pirate Bay.org to become its own nation?

Playaa

That is to coolest thing I've ever heard...

I would gladly donate. The movie industry and music industry can cry all they want, but it's their own stupid fault. They could charge $5 for a CD and still make a profit...but what do they do? They charge $20 or $25. There was a news report like 12 years ago that exposed how much profit the record industry was making on each CD. As a result, they promised to lower the prices to around $10. Did that ever happen? Nooo...instead they shut down Napster (though they were hitting record sales numbers while Napster was in its height of popularity), and we find ourselves getting gouged by prices still.

I say SCREW YOU record execs! Oh, and with all the advertising people pay for in movies, they don't need to be yanking us so hard on costs. DVD's should be $10, CD's should be $5...if they were, I wouldn't bother trying to download stuff. I don't even bother to download movies now...I just wait until their price goes down to where it should be or I buy them used. But I pretty much refuse to pay for a CD...the prices are ridiculous.

Why download movies when we all have dvd burners and netflix. If the industry would charge a reasonable price then I wouldn't waste my time burning. But of course how are the execs going to be able to drive their vette's and have hot tub's in their private jet's when they are making under $500,000 a year.

Why download movies when we all have dvd burners and netflix. If the industry would charge a reasonable price then I wouldn't waste my time burning. But of course how are the execs going to be able to drive their vette's and have hot tub's in their private jet's when they are making under $500,000 a year.

boo hoo hoo...

boo hoo hoo...

qft.

there are many LEGAL ways to get music for cheaper. People will always find reasons to complain. I just like the idea of what Piratebay is doing.

Unfortunately the only people you hurt by stealing/downloading/copying media are those that work 20+ hour days behind a camera/mixing board/instrument. Not everything sells like Britney Spears, there is a vast majority of people who work in the industry who rely on people buying media. If you even had a clue of the potential costs involved in producing said media (CDs/DVDs etc) you would understand why people who pirate are the scum of the earth (except we rape the Chinese so a CD doesn't cost $50+).

It's like Robin Hood stealing from the rich who employ the poor and not giving it back to the poor. The rich survive and the poor get screwed.

Artists with major record deals make $0.05 on every $20 CD. Thank you for stealing it. If you think they make too much money, don't see them live, that's where artists make all their money.

Unfortunately the only people you hurt by stealing/downloading/copying media are those that work 20+ hour days behind a camera/mixing board/instrument. Not everything sells like Britney Spears, there is a vast majority of people who work in the industry who rely on people buying media. If you even had a clue of the potential costs involved in producing said media (CDs/DVDs etc) you would understand why people who pirate are the scum of the earth (except we rape the Chinese so a CD doesn't cost $50+).

It's like Robin Hood stealing from the rich who employ the poor and not giving it back to the poor. The rich survive and the poor get screwed.

Artists with major record deals make $0.05 on every $20 CD. Thank you for stealing it. If you think they make too much money, don't see them live, that's where artists make all their money.

Thank you, I was going to make that point, but you beat me to it. Its very easy to say, "Stick it to the man!" but 'the man' is very rarely hurt by your actions. It is inveriably those in the lower rungs of the company or industry that are hurt by your civil disobediance.

Shaftiel

(edited)
Maverick' date='Jan 16 2007, 02:00 PM' post='386605']

For the record

I said "record execs"

not the artists

The record execs are the scum of the earth, thanks

:boo:

Ind33d.

It's also true about the small fries as well, so it all really sucks for everyone. The sad thing is, there's an easy solution to it all, because people are willing to pay for a fair price but they refuse to bend, like you said. The closing of kazaa really sucked for me cause it scared alot of people off from direct P2P. It's hard for a guy like me, who likes rare music, to find what I want, while it's still easy to get the latest hip-hop track.

This idea is cool, though. I like isohunt better, but it'd be cool if this actually worked.

Edited by Saris