Retrocedence

mookie

dust is classic! put it in there during primetime please

No please keep dust out. I think the map cycle for now is great, as Mayhem and Recrud were combined I like how there's a balance between classic stock maps and custom... nice job mookie :D

what's so bad about dust anyway? ever since CS:S came out, hardly any servers play dust anymore

the fact t's have very limited ways of getting to the bombsites and really for ct's its not that hard to stop unless the t's are really organized

what's so bad about dust anyway? ever since CS:S came out, hardly any servers play dust anymore

Lots of people think it's lame and horribly unbalanced, it spreads, and then even more people think it's lame and horribly unbalanced.

• 2 months later...

looks really good Mook

I agree about the autos....I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The auto-snipers are MORE REALISTIC THAN THE AWP in CS. Plain and simple. In the REAL military, they have REAL guns that are considered "recoilless rifles" and have less kick than your average .22....However, the .50 cal sniper rifle is so heavy and bulky that it is traditionally set up on a bloody tripod. Also, when you do fire it, if you're not planted properly, the recoil on the thing is likely to almost knock you on yer butt. However, in CS, you can make a perfectly balanced jump right after firing the thing.

That's just one example of the irritation that is the AWP in CS, but the auto-snipers are a lil' more realistic. They do have some lighter, semi-automatic, recoilless rifles ya' know.

Also...ban the desert eagle! lol...just for one hour a week for me! :freak3: that gun just ticks me off...and don't even get me started on why

Edit: It should be noted that even when auto-snipers are available I RARELY use them at all (nor do I use the awp or desert eagle)

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

i agree that autos are better in game to play against than awps, i just hate that one hit kill thing its just like the golden gun in 007 (back in the day)

atleast with an auto you still stand some chance of going toe to toe, cause lets face it some people are really good with the awp and i can hardly stand to play when there is 4 awps going off in a map

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am against removing any guns from gameplay. I like the 2 AWP restriction, allowes for sniping without having 3/4 of the team sniping. I for one really enjoy playing against AWPs. The satisfaction of killing an AWPer with a lesser gun is nearly unequalled in CSS. I never understood the problem with Autos, they are so inacurate after the first shot or two, that you can almost run right at them and they won't hit you heh :).

My only issue has always been the fact that a sniper can stay zoomed in even when being shot. I would like to see Steam change it so that after being shot they need to rezoom. That would make it a real sniper weapon, instead of the frontline weapon its become.

Shaftiel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, I am against removing any guns from gameplay. I like the 2 AWP restriction, allowes for sniping without having 3/4 of the team sniping. I for one really enjoy playing against AWPs. The satisfaction of killing an AWPer with a lesser gun is nearly unequalled in CSS. I never understood the problem with Autos, they are so inacurate after the first shot or two, that you can almost run right at them and they won't hit you heh :).

My only issue has always been the fact that a sniper can stay zoomed in even when being shot. I would like to see Steam change it so that after being shot they need to rezoom. That would make it a real sniper weapon, instead of the frontline weapon its become.

Shaftiel

The sniper rifles are very unrealalistic.

Because they don't know them... so their scores are lower and they feel like noobs.

Shaftiel

Because the maps are too complicated and not simple enough to warrant good team play. Everyone runs around not playing together and even when I get good scores on Siena and Nightfever, I still hate them. If they made maps where I could count on teammates to watch 4 paths instead of 14, then it'd be a good custom.

Tookey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On Dust: Oh god.. SO sick of this map. This was the first map I ever played. That was back in 2000 (I think.. beta 3.0 I believe) and it has been one of the most popular ever since. I was tired of it back in 2002... 8 years is just TOO LONG! LOL

On the AWP and Auto issue.

Well I am well known for my anti awp stance. It has always been my belief that CS and CSS do not need a Rail-Gun. That is basically what it is. As far as I am concerned we should get rid, entirely, of both the autos and the AWP (Which is actually the Arctic Warfare Magnum and NOT the Arctic Warfare Police.. it was a typo in Beta 1 that just stuck). For those that are saying this is a .50 cal sniper rifle.. it is not. That would be a Barret. Totally different rifle. The AWP is a 7.62 Cal weapon. That means it is the SAME ROUND as the AK and the SIG Commando. It is actually slightly weaker than an AK as it uses the NATO 7.62 round which doesn't have as many grains of gun powder as the Soviet 7.62 round. For more info check out the link below;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_Inte..._Arctic_Warfare

My reasoning isn't really about realism however. Lets face it. In the context of a gun fight, ANY hit is enough to take you out of combat. That includes being shot in the chest by a pistol with a vest on. You would still end up on the ground, in extreme pain with broken ribs and likely unconscious. By the time you would be able to get back up and recover, the fight would be over. Basically I am sick of the argument. No other weapons in the game have caused as much complaining and whining as the AWP and the Autos (with the exception in of the P90, but that was fixed in Beta 3.5). As far as I am concerned the Scout is an excellent sniper rifle and is balanced in the context of the game.

The thing I would like to see the most is to fix the stupid animation on the M4A1... like wow.. whoever made that model obviously has NEVER fired one of those in their lives. First problem, when you run out of ammo the rifle goes "CLICK' and that is IT. No click click click BS. It is a gas powered rifle, which means in order for the bolt to go back there has to be a round going down the barrel or a BFA (Blank Firing Adapter) on the end of the barrel. But the worst.. worst WORST thing is watching the reload animation.. You do NOT pull the button on the right hand side of the weapon. That is to seat the round and you smack it with your palm after cocking the rifle. Try and pull that hard and you will just hurt your hand! Cracks me up every time I see it. (oh.. and they should add the SPRONGGGG sound of the spring compressing in the stock as you fire the weapon. First time I heard THAT I actually burst out laughing on the firing range!)

On the Maps..

Love, most, of the maps we play. There are only two maps I completely loath; cpl_fire and contra. They are ugly ugly maps and I don't like the game play on them. Would like to see MUCH more of Russka. That map is stunning and alot of fun to play. Wish it was in ALL the rotations.

Well that is my 2. cents.

questions? Comments? Rude Remarks?

peace

~pseudo

Edited by pseudonym

GC Alumni
For those that are saying this is a .50 cal sniper rifle.. it is not. That would be a Barret. Totally different rifle. The AWP is a 7.62 Cal weapon. That means it is the SAME ROUND as the AK and the SIG Commando. It is actually slightly weaker than an AK as it uses the NATO 7.62 round which doesn't have as many grains of gun powder as the Soviet 7.62 round.

Actually it's .338 not .300.