Newbalicious on a console

dragonfly

I don't think newbs in PC version are that bad. Has anyone noticed that the last few videos for UT3 have been recorded from console game play. You can tell by the movements of the players. The last DM video may be from PC gameplay but I'm still a little sceptical of it.

So with that in mind, is it reallly gonna come out for PS3 console first? Personally I think they are spending to much time on console focus just to stack the revenue up for the release. Also, if they can't get Warfare to work right then just go back to a new and improved Onslaught already! Epic, you guys are killing me here!!!! :bang:

I dont think it'll be ps3 first, but if it is it's just so they can make lots of money to start out. It'll get cracked by pc users :P

Anyway, I heard console was better for movement and pc better for aim, so they're fairly even on a lot of tests. I doubt (even if that is the case) that it'll be like taht for long, since keyboard/mouse combo is much much better imho for fine-toneing skills. Also, looks like you can have key/mouse combo for ps3.

There's already a keyboard/mouse adapter for the 360 (not that I need it, I play CS with my 360 controller now)

Anyways, I've heard lots of vicous rumours...like cross platform play will require you to use a controller on PC (please read the cross platform part before you get your knickers in a knot)...we'll have to wait and see.

Also, from what I know of Epic, they are making the 360 version and porting it to the PS3...considering the architechture it would be unusual for them to make it for the PS3 and then port it to PC/360 (which share very similar architechture when compared to the PS3). Still, it's speculation. The fact is that if released before 2008, putting it on the PS3 before PC/360 would be a horrible move considering the consumer base of the 360 and PC gaming compared to that of the PS3 currently (and forecasted for the next 6 months).

Oh and yes that video is painful...you'd think they would get someone who's actually used a controller before if they plan of filming the thing!

The footage is from a PS3 console demo. Pretty much just d-pad movement by a noob. Check the epic forums for more info.

Cross-platform play is almost certainly not going to happen barring some substantial changes to even things out play-wise. Consoles have to account for gamepad being nowhere near as fast as mouse/keyb so they add in a "locking" mechanism similar to auto aim - more like a stickiness when you have the crosshairs over a valid target.. Not exactly sporting to the PC folks.

You just started to use a mouse last month?

On an unrelated note, I'm out til Sat nite at the earliest - I can poke my head in on webadmin but thats about it.

-Fk

The footage is from a PS3 console demo. Pretty much just d-pad movement by a noob. Check the epic forums for more info.

Cross-platform play is almost certainly not going to happen barring some substantial changes to even things out play-wise. Consoles have to account for gamepad being nowhere near as fast as mouse/keyb so they add in a "locking" mechanism similar to auto aim - more like a stickiness when you have the crosshairs over a valid target.. Not exactly sporting to the PC folks.

You just started to use a mouse last month?

On an unrelated note, I'm out til Sat nite at the earliest - I can poke my head in on webadmin but thats about it.

-Fk

Sticky aim...I turn it off. It couldn't possibly give an unfair advantage to console players...basically if your opponent moves while you're aiming at them the crosshairs move slightly with them...but you have to move the crosshairs yourself or else it doesn't "stick"...all it does is make it so you can keep up with moving targets more easily like you can do with a mouse but if you're proficient with a controller it isn't needed...it's in Call of Duty 3 and some others that I can't put my finger on atm...makes headshots a pain

Mouse is a bazillion times better for accuracy and speed - you can flip 180degrees in .1 seconds easily with a mouse, but it'd be rediculous to try to do that with a controller. However, if you are good at keeping crosshairs super close to target (ie no hitscan) then sticky is like a little bot.

Dude, I still love your avatar.

And bushwack, youre a liar.

nice find HW!

I wanted to post a link to " Counter-Strife: A Noobs Guide to Counter-Strike Source " for Shadow but I dont know if external links things of this nature are allowed on this forum. There are expletives in the movie that are used to describe what you may find in an average online server. Still if you google it is worth the watch...well cause I'm a CS noob i guess.

Heh! Instant Classic (make sure you have the sound on)

What the heck was that!!!! :bang:

BTW---Dark,--- I WANT 9 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS OF MY LIFE BACK!!! :bang: I just watched the video that you put in that link, Other than the fact that it was based on a CONSOLE interview---the ?'s that were asked were some of the most rediculous ?'s I've seen in an interview. As a matter of fact they are even worse than the chick that interviewed the other guy at the E3 convention. At least she had no idea what she was talking about and just read her que cards.

These guys asking these ?'s were just beyond stupid. ( How important to Epic is it to come up with a reall good UT3 game ) :bang::bang::bang:

WHAT THE---BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Oh ya, BTW-----ENOUGH WITH THE CONSOLE CRAP!!!!

Hiya Guys, I'm actually in NorCal right now visiting family. No access to a comp here with UT installed. :twitch: So "no" playtime for me. LOL!

Will be doing alot of traveling starting now 'til a lil after summer. Can't wait for Hawaii ----- get some sun.

Did you guys record the match with SCK? If so, I wanna see.

Oh yeah, many CompUSA stores are closing down so if you have one near your house, check it out. They've been marking stuff down slowly. They've closed down three in SoCal. I went to one here and not much marked off yet but eventually it will get to like 90% off but by then most of the good stuff has already been bought. They had Windows Vista with 15% off retail price. Just thought I'd share the info with you guys.

Around after summer, I'll be playing UT constantly. ;) UT2k7 should be out by then. ;) Should be fun again and again.

Did you guys record the match with SCK? If so, I wanna see.

Around after summer, I'll be playing UT constantly. ;) UT2k7 should be out by then. ;) Should be fun again and again.

Heh... no you dont.

And I'm looking forward to having you back! I'll be out for a while in the summer too :(