What will happen???

Batman

I know CS has a long future ahead of it... maybe... But, what will happen to all the clans? Does anyone know of a CS clan that used to be a Jedi Knight, Quake, or Unreal clan??? Do clans Evolve??

How long do you think CS has befor the people start playin something else?

I used to think about CS when i would play ANYTHING else. Now, sadly i dont. I think about 1942!!! WooHoo!!!

Anyone else going through this life change??

nay

with a good community CS is the best game ever made. (multi player that is)

ppl are still out there playing Quake 2 competitively with clans. And that game is 8 years old.

CS will live for a long time

CS will never completely die. There will always be people who cling to it. Ok well maybe in a 100 years when we are all dead. Yes some clans evolve. I know of plenty of online gaming clans/guilds that move on to new games together. However I dont see any FPS taking over CS's spot as #1 anytime soon.

actually Day of Defeat (another Half-life mod) took over the #1 spot awhile back...at least according to Gamespy. But 3 times as many ppl still play CS, they were just too busy playing the game to vote for it on Gamespy.com.

:)

Playaa, i just noticed your sig... Iron Man was my first fav comic when i was a kid.... Loved it..

Oh but its not for the comic!! LOL its real!!! Iron Man's real name is Tony Stark.... LOL

actually Day of Defeat (another Half-life mod) took over the #1 spot awhile back...at least according to Gamespy.  But 3 times as many ppl still play CS, they were just too busy playing the game to vote for it on Gamespy.com.

Well by #1 I meant number of people actually playing the game.

UO + Good Graphics + EQ  - The Lameness of EQ = Shadowbane

Have you seen Shadowbanes graphics? It looks like trash. And if you dont trust me I know people from Dark Age that played the beta and not a single one, even those that were looking forward to it, has anything good to say about the game.

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

i wuz just at my friends who has everquest for PS2(you can play online with your ps2 cuz thy madea game)...it looks cool and i thinking of buying playstation online/everquest

I love these kids that think CS will last forever ;)

CS will die, and sooner than you think... sad but true.

I've been doing this a long time, and there's always something better that comes along. It just so happens that nothing better has really come along yet that has been widely accepted. Yet.

actually Day of Defeat (another Half-life mod) took over the #1 spot awhile back...at least according to Gamespy.  But 3 times as many ppl still play CS, they were just too busy playing the game to vote for it on Gamespy.com.

its #1 from ppl playing because the system requirements for counter-strike are so low. well prob 5 years behind actually.

actually Day of Defeat (another Half-life mod) took over the #1 spot awhile back...at least according to Gamespy.  But 3 times as many ppl still play CS, they were just too busy playing the game to vote for it on Gamespy.com.

its #1 from ppl playing because the system requirements for counter-strike are so low. well prob 5 years behind actually.

And the fact that its fun. I have a top end machine and can run any game out and I ran the Doom 3 alpha at 30fps+. I play CS cause its damn fun not because I dont need a good machine. Hell both my machines can run CS and I ahve 2 CD keys :P you might see me on with 2 guys at once soon ;)

for those who bash shadowbane, go ahead I will not listen to your rants. Ive been following the game since I heard about it, I'd say fall/winter of 2000. Im sure it will hold up to what I expect it to be. If you want a flawless game, your expectations are to high. Im sure everything will get better with time. Look at UO, its still being updated(although, I dont know if its for the good) I bought DOAC and played it for my first free month, thats about it.

If you want a new FPS game, Go play Desert Combat, which is a mod of BF1942. It also got mod of the year. Its only in Alpha 2.0 right now, but I see it gettin big as soon as you noobs get decent computers. Which will probably be a year or two, cuz i drop to the 60's now.

Graphics don't make a game. Like FX said, UO. I did play it, and the graphics are sucky. It is the best MMORPG that will ever be made. It was one of the first, everything else judges itself as a result of its UO predecessor. The Shadowbane graphics, in spite of the unjustifiable bashing, are good. The gameplay (I have 1 friend who has the beta), is good.

Graphics don't make a game. Like FX said, UO. I did play it, and the graphics are sucky. It is the best MMORPG that will ever be made. It was one of the first, everything else judges itself as a result of its UO predecessor. The Shadowbane graphics, in spite of the unjustifiable bashing, are good. The gameplay (I have 1 friend who has the beta), is good.

I know at least 10 people in the Shadowbane beta and they all hate it so I dont know what your friend thinks of gameplay but I know my friends opinions are good enough to give me a quick judgement of the game and I wont be buying it ever.