OXM article - new pics, etc.

Flitterkill

You'll never have to buy one, this game is a hoax

I told you thats why the changes ut2007 to ut3. They have no time restraints. My new computer system will be antiquated by the time game comes out if ever.

(edited)
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13602/Epic-U...r-is-for-Wimps/

You guys are so skeptic...remember that part about me owning you from my xbox?

They're the testers though. I bet you I can pwn all of the testers for 2k4 right now with my keyboard and mouse. I think it's a steeper learning curve (keyboard + mouse), but has a much higher peak than a controller. I mean, I can bind any single weapon I want (all of them) so that they're all extremely accessible. I know it'll be a different game than 2k4, but the good pc players will be pwning the good 360 players.

Of course, if cross-platform play will even be an option.

Edited by DarkArchon

Hmm... I wonder how they'll set up the controllers to compete with the keyboard/mouse. Really... autoaim? That's sketchy to me. It's basically like giving console players an aimbot. If you're at a 30-40% hitrate to anybody, then you're on par with the best of the best (PC-wise). I think that would really tick off a lot of the PC vets.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13602/Epic-U...r-is-for-Wimps/

You guys are so skeptic...remember that part about me owning you from my xbox?

They're the testers though. I bet you I can pwn all of the testers for 2k4 right now with my keyboard and mouse. I think it's a steeper learning curve (keyboard + mouse), but has a much higher peak than a controller. I mean, I can bind any single weapon I want (all of them) so that they're all extremely accessible. I know it'll be a different game than 2k4, but the good pc players will be pwning the good 360 players.

Of course, if cross-platform play will even be an option.

Steeper learning curve and room to grow. I added nostromo, 8 button mouse, and larger monitor. Next investment, when available, will be one of those reticle targeting systems like you see on apache helicopters where your eye aims for targeting. Now wont that be scary. :luxhello: Skill is all and good but getting killed way too fast by some of you. Need to put a little fear into you.

Steeper learning curve and room to grow. I added nostromo, 8 button mouse, and larger monitor. Next investment, when available, will be one of those reticle targeting systems like you see on apache helicopters where your eye aims for targeting. Now wont that be scary. :luxhello: Skill is all and good but getting killed way too fast by some of you. Need to put a little fear into you.

I had one of those for my nintendo

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Flitter. I am going to put off buying an 8800gtx or gts as long as I can before the game comes out...

Get a 8800 now and a second one and a new CPU/Mobo when the game comes out. By then the 8 core chips will be out and I can afford a quad Celeron. :freak3:

Thanks Flitter. I am going to put off buying an 8800gtx or gts as long as I can before the game comes out...

Get a 8800 now and a second one and a new CPU/Mobo when the game comes out. By then the 8 core chips will be out and I can afford a quad Celeron. :freak3:

Nah. I have a dual core already OC'd to 3.4 and it's plenty fast. I'll prolly just get a quad core if i really need it for the game, cause the quads are also great right now (intel's) and they'll be cheaper then too. Nah, I'll just get the 8800 later on after the summer's over. Wont use the pc all summer anyway. :)

Nah. I have a dual core already OC'd to 3.4 and it's plenty fast. I'll prolly just get a quad core if i really need it for the game, cause the quads are also great right now (intel's) and they'll be cheaper then too. Nah, I'll just get the 8800 later on after the summer's over. Wont use the pc all summer anyway. :)

Dark, I thought you left for summer already. How can we miss you if you do not leave?

I haven't oc my system due to using chip cooler fan supplied since unsure of room available. Was hairy for me to put pc together in first place. How much oc can you do with supplied chip cooler fan? How hard to install new fan? Do I need to take mobo out to install or not?

I haven't oc my system due to using chip cooler fan supplied since unsure of room available. Was hairy for me to put pc together in first place. How much oc can you do with supplied chip cooler fan? How hard to install new fan? Do I need to take mobo out to install or not?

A new cooler should be as hard as installing the OEM one. But some are a little trickier but same concept. You can overclock with the stock fan a bit but it will be hotter/noisier. What CPU you running Madpat?

I got to be in town until early tomorrow morning, and I need to keep my post count up Pat :) I AM gone for the summer, but got a quick break from that. You may see me next weekend too ;)

It's not too hard to put in a new heatsink - and they all come with pictures to show you how. You may have to take the mobo out to install it, but it depends on which one you get. When I upgraded my pc (new mobo/cpu/ram) I had to take off the HS, clean it (thermal paste off), clean the old cpu, install the parts on the new mobo, install the hs, etc. The whole deal took me like 3 hours so it couldnt be that hard for you pat.

A new cooler should be as hard as installing the OEM one. But some are a little trickier but same concept. You can overclock with the stock fan a bit but it will be hotter/noisier. What CPU you running Madpat?

What kind of cpu and mobo?

Most intel aftermarket HSF have to have mobo removed...that said. I've heard of A LOT of ppl overclocking their core 2 duos to pretty decent levels with the stock cooler in place...

Think about it...

Probably the best cooler out there now (using standard HSF tech) is the CNPS9700_LED.jpg

I have its little brother (like 2 cm smaller fan) and have been able to do a OC from 2.4 to 2.86 on my athlon 4800+.

sumpin to think about...

you should post in hardware thread...lots of bros there with expert tips.

glhf...

(edited)

I have a 2.4 Core 2 Duo chip and a mobo nForce 680i SLI. I got a "nine hundred" case since only one that fits desk compartment. Another reason I put in a 8800gts and not larger 8800 gtx. Will dimensions of cooler be included to see if room available. My system matches dark's except for his larger case and HSF.

Edited by MaDPaT

I got on the dial-up today! :)

Just OC it to like... 2.8 or 3.0 and open up coretemp and let it log while you play. It was super hot in my appartment on saturday and my cpu got to like 58 for a little bit. Meh. But my volts are up, you dont need to increase voltage (shouldnt) to get your OC to 2.8. Just unlink your fsb from your ram in the ratio timings and bump up your fsb.

(edited)
I got on the dial-up today! :)

Just OC it to like... 2.8 or 3.0 and open up coretemp and let it log while you play. It was super hot in my appartment on saturday and my cpu got to like 58 for a little bit. Meh. But my volts are up, you dont need to increase voltage (shouldnt) to get your OC to 2.8. Just unlink your fsb from your ram in the ratio timings and bump up your fsb.

Ever feel like you think in addition and the people around you explain things in advanced calculus? What does this mean? "open up core temp and let it log while you play" "unlink your fsb from ram" "ratio timings" "bump up fsb"? Going to 2.8 with eom cooler with these directions sounds very good to me? A little more step a, b, c, d, will be highly appreciated.

Edited by MaDPaT

There are plenty of sites out there that already have all the info put together. Just look for a Core 2 Duo overclocking guide on google. Or you can use nVidia's nTune app to do it within Windows or even maybe an app that came with your motherboard. I prefer to do it in the BIOS but I don't know that the kids are doing nowadays.

(edited)
open up core temp and let it log while you play" "unlink your fsb from ram" "ratio timings" "bump up fsb"? Going to 2.8 with eom cooler with these directions sounds very good to me

Hey Pat, while your at it don't forget to---- PUT IN THE TOGGLE SWITCH TO BYPASS THE CATALITIC EXHAUST FLOW THOUGH, AND THEN TWEAK UP YOUR OVERHEAD RACING CAMSHAFT WITH ITS HOT SPARK IGNITION!!!

WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST BY THE FASTEST CRAP THEY HAVE ON THE MARKET AND LIVE WITH IT!!!

Or just by an FX 74 dual core with (2) SLI-8800gtx followed by (4) 75 gig WD raptor 10,000 rpm sata drives and a little light that blinks!!

Oh ya by the way---I'll have to dig up the article but your either going to need a blueray rom drive or get ready for the first multi dvd disk game. According to Epic they have a working FULL VERSION with all the bells and whistles but only one map. Grand total is 30gigs as it stands with one map.

One of the guys from Unkle got this in his e-mail

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie...oduct_id=646503

Still nothing tangable

Edited by Primus

Thanks Bushwack and Primus for fast response. I am a little afraid to put in a new heatsink. If I can oc a little with standard eom cooler I will be happy. I will look into googling guide for overclocking with my specific motherboard. Should have the software for it somewhere. Have seen info about 1.8 ghz being oc to 3.01 ghz with standard eom cooler.

Primus don't forget about the Flux Capacitor for new system. That way you can go back in time over and over to fix what you did wrong during play. Will be really useful say firing 3 rockets to a spot you know Bushwack will be arriving at or placing grenades on vehicles just before game starts and other team spawns. Some tweeks and you can stop player motion without them knowing or reverse their flakball back at them. They will think you are firing at them when all you are doing is sending their own shots back at them. Not only kills opponents quickly but saves you on ammo.