serious problem

Kenger

I'm running an Asus A8n-sli mobo with a fx-53 processor with 1 gig of ram, but im having some serious problems all over the place.

Toi start sometimes my bios freezes up after it lists my processor.

When i reformatted and installed i had serious issues with the pc bogging down and taking over an hour to install windows.

Now that its installed sometimes it takes forever and sometimes i cannot even wait for it to finish loading windows before i restart it. I get to the windows logo and sometimes it goes to a black screen, but sometimes it sits there for 3-5 minutes.

Any information.

my bios is 1103 i think. this is really upsetting me :(

Hmmm. All these problems started when you reformatted ? You positive you have a good clean install ? HDD dying ? Installed Mobo drivers ? Good temps ? It's summer time so if it's not in A/C make sure its not dusty !

Does your mobo give you any beeps or codes to troubleshoot from ? Im assuming the stuff all worked fine before a format right ?

Also reinstall the newest drivers for your board. Asus has an automatic update utility that will do this for you. It sounds more like hard drive issues to me, than anything else, but the other fellas may be correct on high temps or a faulty power supply. It could also be a bad RAM chip.

Sounds like a problem I had. Mine froze right when the bios were about to finish loading, that and when the windows screen was loading it froze.

What happened to my compy is my hard drive had TONS of errors all over it. How I knew, is I hooked it up to another computer as a slave and used command prompt to do a chkdsk on the drive and found multiple errors windows could not repair. I got what files I could off of it and got a used hard drive. Problem never came back.

Try hooking it up as a slave and chkdsk'ing it. If you have more than one hard drive do the other one too, when I thought I could use my bad hard drive as a slave after I formatted it, it gave me the same errors, even though it had no operating system on it.

Hope this helped :D

Since the problem seems to originate from your mobo/bios because it will freeze before showing your cpu. (possible failing at POST). Try resetting/clearing your cmos. You can do that by either setting the appropriate jumper or remove the batter and power for about 30 seconds. That may clear it up for you.

And let me add that a bad Hard Drive or optical device can interfere with your system POSTING and/or booting. It will seem like your cpu or motherboard is dying but in reality your hard drive is going nuts. Try removing it to see if you can get past the POST screen a lot faster or at all.