www.clickclickclick.com

it3llig3nc3

Guys,

Just wanted to raise some awareness that there is a gigantic and fun "cyberwar" going on on the internet.

It is simple. The more the people click on a certain web-page the better. Countries are competing with each other.

Japan and Taiwan seems to be winning, US is ranked 28th as of now, Canada is 29th.

Have a look:

www.clickclickclick.com

Well obviously it's a bit extreme, but some people take it quite seriously. :D

After all there are communities organized around it and of course developers came up with tools to generate more clicks :D

Nobody spends their time clicking one by one - just host programs that do that...

GC Alumni
(edited)

too much time... i'll look at it when i get home :P or maybe later at work... my reports i'm suppose to be working aren't updated for today... and I'm in 3 hours before anyone shows up. >_<

update: HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy. yay!

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Is this a contest about building the best clicking program?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

The "war" is now dependent on a few programmers coming up with tools that can "sneak" in the generated "clicks" and do it faster than the competitor's.

Also there is a notable element: before submitting clicks there is a block that usually needs manual intervention: a code to be entered to proceed that is displayed on a picture... So the coders built tools to create a database of these and have them automatically recognized by the "clicker" programs. Community is organized to feed the database with the resolved codes provided by humans...

After all even if the objective is really questionable what amazes me is the organization and skill that has been put behind it by a few people who started to take it seriously.

Also notable that the tool capable of getting over the manual input request for a picturized code is rather dangerous. I believe a system like that in the hands of spammers could result in auto-regging zillion of e-mail addresses for example...

Anyways.

I'm from Hungary and I see the heroic fight the small Hungarian team put up against Japan and Taiwan recently - yet 50% behind with clicks as of now over the 500 million mark...

Just imagine if some US developer takes it seriously one day... US is a country of 230+ million - won't be difficult to get some support... :D

Is this a contest about building the best clicking program?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

The "war" is now dependent on a few programmers coming up with tools that can "sneak" in the generated "clicks" and do it faster than the competitor's.

Also there is a notable element: before submitting clicks there is a block that usually needs manual intervention: a code to be entered to proceed that is displayed on a picture... So the coders built tools to create a database of these and have them automatically recognized by the "clicker" programs. Community is organized to feed the database with the resolved codes provided by humans...

After all even if the objective is really questionable what amazes me is the organization and skill that has been put behind it by a few people who started to take it seriously.

Also notable that the tool capable of getting over the manual input request for a picturized code is rather dangerous. I believe a system like that in the hands of spammers could result in auto-regging zillion of e-mail addresses for example...

Anyways.

I'm from Hungary and I see the heroic fight the small Hungarian team put up against Japan and Taiwan recently - yet 50% behind with clicks as of now over the 500 million mark...

Just imagine if some US developer takes it seriously one day... US is a country of 230+ million - won't be difficult to get some support... :D

No offense to anyone, but I really think that everyone who joins this clicking business should be put on the list of people we fire into space one day...just saying...