TF2 Server

Windex

I'll fork up some extra cash to get this going early! I would just love to see it get working... i think player size is very dependent on the map.

Dustbowl is good for like 20-30 people while 2fort is only good for about 20 otherwise no one will score!

I just want a good home for TF2 asap :)

(Myself and Paintchips would be more than willing to help admin the server as well)

Yes Paint_Chips is still around (currenty plays as C0rn Nugg3t$

i'm getting about $96.97 through nuclear fallout (our current css provider) for a 20 man server.

http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/order.php?type=tf2

according to our outstanding offer, we'll match 50% for the first month, then takeover 75% the second month, and eventually take on full 100%

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=30857

food for thought, and as always this time, i'm serious. if you are, PM me or use this thread, and i'll get the ball rolling in the board room. you'd basically have to be willing to part with $50 now, and another $25 a month from now (if we decide to keep it online). it would also have to meet gc standards.

-sj

I can help with it too, money wise. Would recommend strongly waiting for the linux binaries. Should be out this week though. Right now NFO is putting these servers on there old Windows boxes, they switched to linux about 3 months ago, and the windows server files have memory leak issues as well as only being able to run on the 1st core of any computer there put on thus forcing lots of crowding for 93 dollars.

I know john wont believe me when I say this, but im talking to Jordan at FragnServers about getting us a very cheap server if we get some adds going on it, just saying it was provided by FS.

so me and m2 goin 50/50 once linux binaries are released?
If money is needed, would be 25/25/50 50 being GC.

.gc couldn't endorse a fragnserver offer that required ads at this time. we just can't.

i've been under the impression that windows > linux for all srcds servers (from an old srcds mailing list discussion), and as far as i know, our NFO/css servers are running on windows (and have been for a while). if you want to move on a windows/nfo setup, we could do that likely tonight.

-sj

i've been under the impression that windows > linux for all srcds servers (from an old srcds mailing list discussion), and as far as i know, our NFO/css servers are running on windows (and have been for a while).

Windows servers can not handle over 500fps servers. NFO is currently migrating to Linux, any server over 500fps is on a linux box now, and new servers i believe are going onto the linux boxes also.

Also OS's that use ACPI(windows) for their timing source suffer from excessive jitter/slow to read. Thus causing lag/reg problems.

srcds in the beginning was much more stable on windows, but at this point any provider that is using windows is mainly doing it due to their lack of knowledge in linux, or only wanting to use a remote gui :P

server is ordered.

total is $96.97 / 2 = $49ish on johns rounding. send it to dues@gamerscoalition.com. if you guys want to split it, great. if you don't, fine. but we need someone to hit the 1/2 donation.

once the ip information is posted, it'll get posted up.

thanks again,

sj

So before I send money, lets find out who all wants to contribute. Windex, Myself, Shazz? If its just us three it would only be 16.33 a piece or so. If shazz wasnt for sure about it, then its just 25 for myself and 25 for windex.

What's the timeline look like for something like this to get started? I'd imagine the process would go something like this (duration, not effort):Board discusses it, approves new server, determines lead admin: 2 daysGC gets money from patrons: <1 dayGC requests new server through Nuclear Fallout: <1 dayNuclear Fallout sets up server: 3 days?Lead admin sets up server: <1 daySo we'd be looking at about a week from start to finish. Am I right on? Way off?

So before I send money, lets find out who all wants to contribute. Windex, Myself, Shazz? If its just us three it would only be 16.33 a piece or so. If shazz wasnt for sure about it, then its just 25 for myself and 25 for windex.
If someone could sit down with me to help fix my crashing issue in TF2, then I'll pony up some cash.

What's the timeline look like for something like this to get started? I'd imagine the process would go something like this (duration, not effort):Board discusses it, approves new server, determines lead admin: 2 daysGC gets money from patrons: <1 dayGC requests new server through Nuclear Fallout: <1 dayNuclear Fallout sets up server: 3 days?Lead admin sets up server: <1 daySo we'd be looking at about a week from start to finish. Am I right on? Way off?

If I read SJ's post right NFO is already setting up a server.

I am positive. I want to help out. Shoot me a pm on how much you want me to pitch in..or I will catch you on friends.

Lets get this party started.

NFO is a stand up company it wont matter on the linux windows stance that much. I was just flexing my gsp muscles lol.

But anyways. We need 50 bones, as of now its me/windex/shazz for sure. We will make the list final in the next hour or 2, then we can just send 10-15 bucks to GC.

NFO is a stand up company it wont matter on the linux windows stance that much. I was just flexing my gsp muscles lol.

But anyways. We need 50 bones, as of now its me/windex/shazz for sure. We will make the list final in the next hour or 2, then we can just send 10-15 bucks to GC.

I'm in.